The Student Room Group

Choosing 5 uni out of a long list to apply is far easier than choosing a uni to stud

I m an international student(Malaysian) and have gotten MPharm conditional offers from:

London School of Pharmacy(Uni of London) or LSoP
Cardiff
Bath
Queen's Belfast
Manchester

Each has pros and cons in various aspects term of location (Bath is way up the hill, 1st year in UoL Hall, but 2nd year may be travelling tube if live in zone 2 n 3,quite tiring for daily basis, Queen is separated by a sea from Great Britain) , accomodation (London has small room in UoL Intercollegiate Hall than other), but based on teaching quality from those who had been or friends, any recommendation?

In term of cost, under Malaysian govt scholarship, I dont have to worry on tuition fee but worry on cost of living. I was given 950 pound per month for London, 800 for Bath and 650 for other UK region, to pay accomodation n other cost of living. Dunno is it sufficient?

Is the examinations or lecturers rigid or strict? Because I heard in LSoP, the lecturers will kick a student out if he or she is late by 5 minutes. . If possible, can any1 share any friends' or personal experience, if dont mind in any other SoP(School of Pharmacy)? What had u heard about strictness n rigidness in other SoP? A rigidity n strictness of a SoP may cause a lower 1st Class Honour percentage, which is a target n mission of all graduates.
Reply 1
For london, in terms of living costs in halls 950 it is probably enough...but for the rest of them I am unsure about.

And the rumour you heard about LSOP is not true from what I know.

Tbh I would tell you that LSOP and Manchester are the two to consider, then Cardiff.

I'll wait for a LSOP student to answer the question about examination strictness and so on, but in general there is normally a pass mark of 35-40% for pharmacy unis and higher pass marks for certain modules as well.

If you do not get the minimum pass mark the university will normally examine the student's case seperately and more than often enough if they have no valid reasons for why they did not pass that module the student might get kicked out of university. But I have hardly heard of that happening in my university.
Reply 2
thx petzneo, i ll b waiting an answer from ur friend

Latest

Trending

Trending