The Student Room Group
Reply 1
All i know is that most of the feminist theories centred around the idea that women only go into crime because they are forced into it to by men. They are oppressed and have no alternative. Im still sorting out my revision notes as ive only just found out i have to resit this module ill add to this later if i find any other notes. Sorry if this isn't any help
Left realist identify that the main cause of crime is relative deprivation. Groups such as ethnicminority youths and the unemployed may feel frustrated over the disparity between the high expectations of what the want to achieve and the reality. They may feel relatively deprived because of society's material goals.

Does this help any? I'm doing an degree level course in Scotland so I don't know if this is relevant.
Reply 3
aprilshowers
Left realist identify that the main cause of crime is relative deprivation. Groups such as ethnicminority youths and the unemployed may feel frustrated over the disparity between the high expectations of what the want to achieve and the reality. They may feel relatively deprived because of society's material goals.

Does this help any? I'm doing an degree level course in Scotland so I don't know if this is relevant.

Tyvmuchios :smile:

I ALWAYS forget this one + put right realist explanations by mistake

Latest