The Student Room Group
What's the problem? You don't have to put a middle name; just let on that you don't have one.
Reply 2
ok
Reply 3
im like cheating in exams and addicted to coke
Reply 4
Legally, unless you misrepresent your name for the purposes of deceiving people to their detriment, you can call yourself whatever you want. Given how often there are discrepancies between the name-recording parts of different systems (i.e. whether they ask for a middle name, or just initials), I very much doubt the odd difference is going to work against you.
Reply 5
ok...
promise you won't forget us when u get deported? :p:
Reply 7
ermmm i'm just worried as i think the name im using now my mum put as my middle name so it that ok?
Reply 8
The name I use and have used all my life isn't even on my birth certificate! You'll be fine! :thumbsup:
Reply 9
EskimoJo
The name I use and have used all my life isn't even on my birth certificate! You'll be fine! :thumbsup:

really? as in you use that name for your uni applications and school certs and it isnt on your passport?
Reply 10
lnwn
really? as in you use that name for your uni applications and school certs and it isnt on your passport?

That's the thing, it's on my passport. So I just use my passport for ID when I have the choice.
Reply 11
EskimoJo
That's the thing, it's on my passport. So I just use my passport for ID when I have the choice.

ok...thats really weird lol
Reply 12
EskimoJo

When registering at Uni, you will need to provide your passport as ID. Your official name will be as this but you can enter your "known as" name too. Your certificate will have your official name as the two need to match to save hastle in the future.
Reply 13
BigDave56
When registering at Uni, you will need to provide your passport as ID. Your official name will be as this but you can enter your "known as" name too. Your certificate will have your official name as the two need to match to save hastle in the future.

Not entirely sure what you're talking about, but I registered to Uni with both my passport and Birth certificate with no problems after a brief explanation. Every certificate I've ever gotten has my passport name on it, not my birth certificate name.
Nowadays, just to avoid confusion I use my certificate name as a middle name and Joanna as my first name.
No one ever calls me by my birth certificate name, except my dad sometimes to tease me (I hate it!).

Oh, and my NI card doesn't have Joanna on it either. I think it's only that and my birth certificate that don't. :smile:
Reply 14
bump

Latest

Trending

Trending