The Student Room Group

Portsmouth or Plymouth...

Hey, I'm Jake and I'm really excited about going off to University, and leaving Cornwall finally. Now I've been having a really good look and I have now recieved offers from Portsmouth and Plymouth, on the Computer Animation (G451) (Portsmouth) and the Digital Art and Technology (GW4X) (Plymouth) Portsmouth being First choice and Plymouth second.

I am now torn between which University to go, so I am looking for help on this matter, I have visited both Universities and I've received a positive feeling from both. I didn't apply to Bournemouth BTW, didn't like the feeling I had.

If anyone can tell me the plus sides and negatives, I'd be really grateful.

Jake
Reply 1
I had the same feeling about bournemouth! haha n im doing my art foundation at portsmouth in september so excited! looks really good. I have no adice on plymouth, havent been there, just wanted to get my excitement out :]]

hope all goes well sure u will make the right choice. :]
Reply 2
Oo.. Can I ask why you decided on Portsmouth and not Bournemouth? and I think I've made my choice :yep:
Reply 3
oo well, the location is a bit out from everything else, like its a bus journey into the nearest town, and instead of halls they organise accomadation days where you meet people and then go and look for somewhere to live, like privatley rented :/ which is a bit too complicated for me lol, also one of the tutors really annoyed me and put me right off, even though it was he that looked at my portfolio and offered me a place haha and it just didnt feel right

and portsmouth has really good nightlife :]

did you do a foundation first??
Reply 4
Yeah I didn't like the accommodation at Bournemouth. :frown:

Nah I've come from a ND in art and design :smile: which college did you come from? :P

Latest