Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Birth Certificate Reference number

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend needs to supply his birth certificate for his student finance, along with a form he has to fill in.

It asks for 'Birth Certificate Reference Number' and we don't know where to find this :/

There is a number at the top of the certificate that says
    BU then a six digit number, and we think it's this number, but knowing how picky student finance is we don't want to get it wrong.

Any help is much appreciated, this is driving us crazy!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it not the letters and number in the bottom left hand corner? :dontknow:

If you just want to be sure, phone up student finance. :yy:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    No numbers in the bottom left at all.
    And think I may have to tomorrow, was just hoping someone might know to save the phone money and time on hold.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    My boyfriend needs to supply his birth certificate for his student finance, along with a form he has to fill in.

It asks for 'Birth Certificate Reference Number' and we don't know where to find this :/

There is a number at the top of the certificate that says
    BU then a six digit number, and we think it's this number, but knowing how picky student finance is we don't want to get it wrong.

Any help is much appreciated, this is driving us crazy!
    The reference number is on the long birth certificat, in the lower left hand corner. Its much more then just a reference number, Its actually an account number created at birth.
    You need to order the full length certificate. I will only post this once as this is an obscure chat forum and I won't ever post again.

The reference number is actually an mutual fund number, the number on the back of a Social security number is the actual account. The reason they need the account or reference number is to know the mutual fund number to debted against. This is unclaimed money created at birth through this account. My account is over 30 million USD and everyone with a birth certificate has this account.

I won't go into how this happened, or why, but trust me, the minimum ammount is 7 million USD. How you confirm this is access a mutal fund look up, type in the reference number, and the account number is the number on the back of the SS card in the bottom right hand ccorner. You might be surprise what you will find. It cost you nothing to check it out as you need the long form anyway. Best of luck

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 11, 2010
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.