The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Litteraly not everyone belives in a god.
Reply 2
DayneD89
Litteraly not everyone belives in a god.

Even when they mean Agnostic/Athiest though?

In general context with anything, people refer to A God, not Gods.
Reply 3
daruishraz
Even when they mean Agnostic/Athiest though?

In general context with anything, people refer to A God, not Gods.

Firstly you should discover what the word litteraly means.

People refer to god singular because most large modern religion only has one god. My religion does not, yet i still refer to god singular hn the same way i would refer to a ship as she. Its simply convention.
daruishraz
The title isn't as it seems.

What I refer to is why socially and to the majority of the posts/people on TSR, talk of God being monotheistic?

Why do you disregard the ideas of various Gods? Is it because most newer religions are monotheistic, or not necessarily?

Opinions? :smile:

Because its usually a member of one of the Judeo-Christian religions (Monotheists) who arrogantly try to put forward some new 'proof' or place a ridiculous attack against evolution. When in Rome... talk of the same God as the Romans believe in.

I don't disregard any religions (I think they are all false, actually), but it is quite important to have a common conception of God in a theological discussion.
Because most of them live in the UK or America and have been brought up around Christianity.
Reply 6
nolongerhearthemusic
Because most of them live in the UK or America and have been brought up around Christianity.

This.

Which is why when people refer to "god" or "religion" they overwhelmingly refer to Christianity & yes it annoys me too.
Reply 7
i do not believe in a god, many gods, any form of god. :smile:
Reply 8
Not everyone believes in god. Seriously.
Because we live in a monotheist culture.
Reply 10
Ahh, the replies were interesting! I believe in a God (not Gods lol), but I disregard all religions to-date (I think)! :smile:
Because Patrice Evra is god.

Obviously.
Reply 12
you were a devout Muslim last month.
Reply 13
Bateman
you were a devout Muslim last month.

erm... last month? Proof? I was last year...

*cough**polytec uni for econ*

Now stop trolling and praise Khomenini :troll:
Reply 14
daruishraz
erm... last month? Proof? I was last year...

*cough**polytec uni for econ*

Now stop trolling and praise Khomenini :troll:

I couldn't care less if you got into a polytech for econ.
Reply 15
Bateman
I couldn't care less if you got into a polytech for econ.

Stop trolling. :troll:

Stop dreaming of LSE, and shape towards Thames Valley...
Reply 16
daruishraz
Stop trolling. :troll:

Stop dreaming of LSE, and shape towards Thames Valley...

when i have the grades for it?
The two main religions of the world - Christianity and Islam are monotheistic. Most people on TSR are either one of these religions or neither... Either way, I say "God" - singular - because although I have a Hindu background, I went to a CoE primary school and it's kinda just stuck with me... =\

Latest

Trending

Trending