The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

naivesincerity
Oh FFS, we've moved on! I'm ASKING about anon messaging!

according to facebook names will never be revealed
little_red_sox
Dude it's a trick! None of it is for real, it's the only way they can get people to click on the links, to create traffic and make money from adverts. It's the oldest one in the book. If you see a link saying "2 people have a crush on you, join all these crappy sites and click on all of our virus-laden links to see who.." Then common sense should tell you that it is, actually, crap. Everybody gets those all the time, especially on Facebook. Chill out.

:rolleyes: I'm asking how you get to use anon messaging, not about crushes that have come through to me
thetopnotch
according to facebook names will never be revealed

That's why it's 'anonymous' messaging:rolleyes:

No! I'm not talking abou that app now! I'm talking about how I can anon message anyone, who isn't a freind also.
naivesincerity
Ok, It's just pissing me about I think. It mentions where I've been tagged or listed as fancied or whatever, but then I click on the links and it sends me to sites like card sites and says I have crushes on me, but they are links to sites I need to join.

So are any of the messages genuine? If not, why are they allowed to **** you about?

Everything on the web these days is a sodding advert.

This is what you asked, so this is what I answered. Nobody's dumb enough to actually click those things, nevermind join the sites it takes you to.
naivesincerity

Oh, and can you get anonymous messaging/crushing to work? cos I can't just now.

Sometimes applications don't work for a few hours/ days. They might just be being updated.
naivesincerity
No! I'm not talking abou that app now! I'm talking about how I can anon message anyone, who isn't a freind also.

if they're in your netowrk on FB then you can send them an anon message using honesty box even if you aren't friends with them i think, as long as you can see their profile. I'm not sure of any other way :s-smilie:
little_red_sox
This is what you asked, so this is what I answered. Nobody's dumb enough to actually click those things, nevermind join the sites it takes you to.

STOP taking the conversation back to ages ago.
thetopnotch
if they're in your netowrk on FB then you can send them an anon message using honesty box even if you aren't friends with them i think, as long as you can see their profile. I'm not sure of any other way :s-smilie:

Well I can't find out how to do that...and I believe the person is in my network, virtually everyone is..can you help me further, rep on offer?
Dude- I'm not surprised that people aren't willing to help you with that attitude.

If their profile is "public" i.e. you can see it without being on their friends list, you could try using the honesty box to send them an anonymous message.

If their profile is private i.e. you can't see it without being their "friend", then no, you can't send them a message anonymously. You'd have to send them a private message, thus revealing your name.

But to be perfectly honest, if you are getting this hot-headed about not being able to send anonymous remarks to somebody who is not even your friend, quite frankly, you are wierd.
naivesincerity
STOP taking the conversation back to ages ago.

For ****'s sake. Set up a fake email address or something.
little_red_sox
Dude- I'm not surprised that people aren't willing to help you with that attitude.

If their profile is "public" i.e. you can see it without being on their friends list, you could try using the honesty box to send them an anonymous message.

If their profile is private i.e. you can't see it without being their "friend", then no, you can't send them a message anonymously. You'd have to send them a private message, thus revealing your name.

But to be perfectly honest, if you are getting this hot-headed about not being able to send anonymous remarks to somebody who is not even your friend, quite frankly, you are wierd.

I'm not hot headed about that, I'm hot headed about people that almost deliberately don't listen and respond with obtuse replies.
naivesincerity
Well I can't find out how to do that...and I believe the person is in my network, virtually everyone is..can you help me further, rep on offer?

if they have the honesty box application then you may be able to write in their box, i'm no sure about how otherwise
Reply 32
naivesincerity

You can't message anyone who you're not friends with, and nor can you message them whilst being annonymous. So what i'd do if i were you, is set up a fake email add and a profile, add whoever the person is and message them saying whatever you want. That way, theres no trace to you and you might get an answer back.

If you can't click on their profile to view it, you can't message them!
carrotboy
You can't message anyone who you're not friends with, and nor can you message them whilst being annonymous. So what i'd do if i were you, is set up a fake email add and a profile, add whoever the person is and message them saying whatever you want. That way, theres no trace to you and you might get an answer back.

If you can't click on their profile to view it, you can't message them!

Might I add, this behaviour is bordering psychotic.
little_red_sox
Might I add, this behaviour is bordering psychotic.

Yeah perhaps-but seemingly other folk have done it
Reply 35
forsaken_earth
This is offtopoc, but my funnest honesty box was 'hope you succeed in killing yourself ****"

:confused: That's not fun :no:
OK, how can I advertise my honesty box so even non-friends can tell me what they think?
naivesincerity
OK, how can I advertise my honesty box so even non-friends can tell me what they think?

make your profile public and stick it on your profile maybe?
thetopnotch
make your profile public and stick it on your homepage maybe?

I'll try it doubt it'll work. Because who will be searching for me?
naivesincerity
I'll try it doubt it'll work. Because who will be searching for me?

yeah that's the big flaw in the plan, maybe you could put it up as your status too, to attract more attention

Latest

Trending

Trending