The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

erm - posting papers without solutions would be useful.
Reply 2
I do have that pack, but I thought there must be many questions where a more efficient method could be used to answer questions.
(I havn't started preparing looking at papers yet, so i may be wrong, if so ingore this thread :o: )
I think question 1 of 2004 is nice

Unfortunately on some of the other questions FM knowledge is just such an unfair advantage it is unbelievable.
Reply 4
DeanK22
I think question 1 of 2004 is nice

Unfortunately on some of the other questions FM knowledge is just such an unfair advantage it is unbelievable.

I assume most people taking the AEA do take FM though, although i guess thats beside the point if its just supposed to be c1-c4
I think I might post up a few solutions for practice (although tbf I really should be doing STEP papers but I am a bit tired).
I think it would be more useful to try and compile a set of solutions for the special papers (the AEA's predecessor) which are of equivalent (or perhaps abit harder) difficulty to the AEA and they don't as far as I'm aware have a full markscheme available, infact I can only find some of the questions papers.

I have papers from 1992 to 1995 (that's 23 questions I think); and I also have a few random questions from more recent ones. I have answers to the first 6 or so and have managed to answer a few more so far, perhaps about 5 more or so...

These are the 1992 to 1995 ones, and the answers to the first 6 questions:
Reply 7
Thanks, could you upload the 2008 paper or PM me the link please?
Question 1 2004

Spoiler

DeanK22
Question 1 2004

Spoiler

Shockingly, it's between 0 and 360
:eek:
8 Horizontal

cheers for some new questions.

Also do you think you could share the other S papers ?
TheTallOne
Shockingly, it's between 0 and 360
:eek:

Ah well - I would prefer to loose marks working in Radians - the examiner was retarded imagining that people use degrees.
8 Horizontal
I think it would be more useful to try and compile a set of solutions for the special papers (the AEA's predecessor) which are of equivalent (or perhaps abit harder) difficulty to the AEA and they don't as far as I'm aware have a full markscheme available, infact I can only find some of the questions papers.

I have papers from 1992 to 1995 (that's 23 questions I think); and I also have a few random questions from more recent ones. I have answers to the first 6 or so and have managed to answer a few more so far, perhaps about 5 more or so...

These are the 1992 to 1995 ones, and the answers to the first 6 questions:

Do you wanat a new thread to post these solutions up ?

If so the reply, if not I will post them in here.
DeanK22
Do you wanat a new thread to post these solutions up ?

If so the reply, if not I will post them in here.

Ye if you wanna start a seperate one we can make a full set of solutions hopefully :smile:

I have full solutions to 9,10,19,21 apart from the 1 to 6 and a few partial workings. So I can post my full solutions in the thread.

These are the extra questions, some of them are STEP (labelled OCR), some from AEA (labelled QCA Edexcel)and some of them are special papers and furthermore some are something from AQA (labelled AEB).

The answers (not a markscheme) are right at the end so scroll down to where it says extension questions.
8 Horizontal
Ye if you wanna start a seperate one we can make a full set of solutions hopefully :smile:

I have full solutions to 9,10,19,21 apart from the 1 to 6 and a few partial workings. So I can post my full solutions in the thread.

These are the extra questions, some of them are STEP (labelled OCR), some from AEA (labelled QCA Edexcel)and some of them are special papers and furthermore some are something from AQA (labelled AEB).

The answers (not a markscheme) are right at the end so scroll down to where it says extension questions.

I don't want to post solutions to your questions in here so you might as well go for it and just make a new thread.
DeanK22
I don't want to post solutions to your questions in here so you might as well go for it and just make a new thread.

Start creating solutions then and I'll start the thread during the weekend hopefully :smile:

PS: I suggest we concentrate on those 23 questions fomr the special paper file (1992 to 1995 or whatever)
8 Horizontal
Start creating solutions then and I'll start the thread during the weekend hopefully :smile:

PS: I suggest we concentrate on those 23 questions fomr the special paper file (1992 to 1995 or whatever)

already done the first five after question six (I thought the MS ended there - if not then dam).
DeanK22
already done the first five after question six (I thought the MS ended there - if not then dam).

F**k you're quick xD

hope to see some of your solutions cuz I got really stuck in some qs since I don't know where I made msitakes e.g. Q8.

EDIT: but will wait till thread is created! :p:
8 Horizontal
F**k you're quick xD

hope to see some of your solutions cuz I got really stuck in some qs since I don't know where I made msitakes e.g. Q8.

er thanks. I do have a year on you though so I guess it just comes from experience ?

Yeah I though question 8 was pretty tough (geometry is my achilles heel :frown:) and I went down the wrong path for a few minutes with seven.

Good questions though - cheers.
DeanK22
er thanks. I do have a year on you though so I guess it just comes from experience ?

Yeah I though question 8 was pretty tough (geometry is my achilles heel :frown:) and I went down the wrong path for a few minutes with seven.

Good questions though - cheers.

Thread is up and running :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=859837

Latest