Which is the best accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You put all of them, in order of preference
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 21
lotty2308
How many choices do you have to put down on the accommodation form, does anyone know, and has anyone received the letter yet??

I emailed the accommodation service regarding the online application form (it doesn't work anymore), and they said they will be sending information/ application packs out towards the end of April including details how to fill them in :biggrin:
Reply 22
Yeah, has anyone received the accomodation letter? They said they would at the beginning of april, and its now like the 8th? I am just being neurotic, mind you :smile:
Reply 23
I've receive it. It's telling me how to do it online.

I'm a bit wary about doing it. Aber is my insurance choice but the only way I won't get into my firm choice is if I don't bother to turn up for the exams so I won't get into Aber either...

So do I apply for accommodation? I know accommodation doesn't get allocated until it's confirmed if you're going to Aber but should I just go through the motions of doing it even though there isn't a chance in hell that I will be going to Aber? (Methinks I should have probably gone with my gut and declined all my other offers apart from Bangor. But I felt bad because Aber sent me a lovely letter when they reduced my offer after my interview so I put them down as insurance :rolleyes: .)
Reply 24
Hravan
So do I apply for accommodation? I know accommodation doesn't get allocated until it's confirmed if you're going to Aber but should I just go through the motions of doing it even though there isn't a chance in hell that I will be going to Aber? (Methinks I should have probably gone with my gut and declined all my other offers apart from Bangor. But I felt bad because Aber sent me a lovely letter when they reduced my offer after my interview so I put them down as insurance :rolleyes: .)

I think you should still be able to decline :wink:

Apply for accom if you want. But if you're definately not coming to Aber, then you're only wasting your time and the people in the accom office's time :p:
Reply 25
I applied yesterday and havent recieved the letter yet LOL!

I put PJM, CwrtMawr and Trefloyne as my top three choices but numbered them all. Cant wait to see everyone in September.
I actually applied just now!
Put Rosser, Trefloyne, PJM and Cwrt Mawr as top 4. Would like to get into Rosser, but would be very happy with Trefloyne!
Reply 27
PunkyFish-x
I actually applied just now!
Put Rosser, Trefloyne, PJM and Cwrt Mawr as top 4. Would like to get into Rosser, but would be very happy with Trefloyne!

As far as I know, Trefloyne isn't open next year... it's being done up by the uni.... May well be wrong though!
Reply 28
Could someone post a link so I can apply please? All my friends have the pack but I haven't yet. Really want to apply asap so I can get my first choice. =/
Reply 29
I havent had the pack yet either but have applied

The link is- https://secure.mis.aber.ac.uk/accommodation/login.php
Reply 30
Sun!

Maybe they're giving the packs to the students they like first :/ lol
trefloyne not open? it must be. wont be enough room in other halls for everyone. they may well be doing it up over the summer tho. they've been redoing CM and penbryn over the last few years som maybe it's tref's turn
Reply 32
Sun!

Thanks much. Applying for Cwrt Mawr first and Rosser second.

I'm going to Uni with three of my friends. Short of practically duplicating our applications is there anything we can do to increase our chances of going together?
Reply 33
Do they just pick at random who goes to which accommodation? Or is it first come, first serve basis.
Reply 34
Cap'nTom
Do they just pick at random who goes to which accommodation?

Random, i think, as i applied the day the form went online last year, and got into my 6th choice, as did some other people i know
Reply 35
Olyy
Random, i think, as i applied the day the form went online last year, and got into my 6th choice, as did some other people i know

6th?! Oh dear, I haven't given any consideration outside my 4th.
Reply 36
I just applied for my accommodation, upon recieving the pack today... I have loads of these accommodation brochures now!

I've put Cwrt Mawr, Trefloyne, Rosser and PJM as my top four. Hopefully I'll get into Cwrt Mawr!
Reply 37
I received my pack today too! :smile:

It says in it that if you have an unconditional they will process youre application now rather than after results day. So does that mean ill know what accomadation im in before results day, and does anyone know when this will be? Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 38
I saw that too, hopefully that'll mean that they will give us our first choice!
as far as i know you still find out at the same time as everyone else. it justgets processed earlier... no idea when tho. and yeah CM is the best.

Quick Reply

Latest