The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Keith_Dave
I did too. The exam was pretty poor. Cmon guys, everyone complain. We could all get our marks jacked up :biggrin:

lol :P

what do you exactly write? :P
That the EAD was ****, the specimen papers were nothing like the real thing and the instructions were ****** up.

Of course, I didn't use swear words...:biggrin:
Reply 182
I for one liked EAD, its easier&faster to write ******** about how loops work on the keyboard than by hand :P
the EAD is a good concept, I agree, but was conducted badly.
Reply 184
I am pretty sure that you had to Print out your whole source code at the end as an ADDITION. I asked my teacher, and he goes that you need to print off your whole source code. That would make sense, since it would provide a hard copy of your work. I have read and a lot of people didn't do this :P

Also, about the 6e thing, yh, I also spotted that as well. I asked the invigilator, and he goes there isn't a question. The thing worrying me is just is AQA take marks off for that 6e thing, but I wouldnt know, since we dont get our papers back.

I thought the last question was a bit weird. It goes '...in the tasks above' I didn't understand whether it meant just Question 8 or all of the questions from question 5.

Besides all that, I thought I did pretty well. I got through like the first 3 sections in half an hour. I was really disappointed with the questions though! I revised really hard for this exam (last minute revision :P). I did all the hard stuff like 'DisplayGuessedLetters' and 'KeyinwholePhrase' and used the Win32CRT function to hide the word when it is keyed in....!!!!

I mean cummon! Instead of just calling the function and writing 'Procedure has been called' we could have at least programmed it to do it. There wasn't even any validation! This paper really doesn't highlight my true potential lol, and I speak on behalf of a lot of people.

If I get anything below 99% I.m complaining to AQA :P lol j/k

EDIT:

I had no problems with the Screen Shots like many of you had.... when you paste it, it comes up with just a small line kinda like the taskbar right? Well, if you clicked the little dog, and selected 'Tight', then it would have been fine. Btw, wats this Print Screen Tool you're talking about? Are you not familiar with the Print Screen Button??

I actually liked the EAD, except for that 6e thing.

Man, I really agree with the Guinea Pig thing. Me and my whole year were the guinea pigs for GCSEs, and now A levels? Thats just harsh ><.

EDIT2: Anyone looking forward to the exam on Friday? Not me ><. Does anyone wanna share what they think they'll ask? Maybe something like the OSI model which I totally hate.
lol the TCP/IP protocol stack i revised for last time and it didn't come up, so i'm guessing it'll come up this time.

Same for guinea pigs, I was the same for the last 2 years and now this year and next year, it's just starting to get stupid.

Things to come up:
obviously definitions of software and hardware, as per usual. Probably something about the TCP/IP protocol stack, maybe definitions for WANs and LANs (considering in january they asked for differences between the World Wide Web, Internet and a intranet).

Maybe things to do with hardware, last time it was an RFID, maybe hard disk considering you have to know what a track and sector, maybe some other hardware inputs such as a printer, plotter, VDU's maybe, scanners etc. There was also a question about robotics in january, so they might not include it this time, but I dunno. Only one can guess really.
I am pretty sure that you had to Print out your whole source code at the end as an ADDITION. I asked my teacher, and he goes that you need to print off your whole source code. That would make sense, since it would provide a hard copy of your work. I have read and a lot of people didn't do this :P

Does that mean people who didn't print it off will be penalized?

EDIT2: Anyone looking forward to the exam on Friday? Not me ><. Does anyone wanna share what they think they'll ask? Maybe something like the OSI model which I totally hate.

I'm looking forward to it, am stronger on theory. At least the specimen paper isn't too bad. Need to memorize the stuff about computer-related law and flip through the specification.
Reply 187
The Fat Controller
Does that mean people who didn't print it off will be penalized?

I'm looking forward to it, am stronger on theory. At least the specimen paper isn't too bad. Need to memorize the stuff about computer-related law and flip through the specification.

I don't really know. Tbh, the source code is everything you done in the EAD plus the default code right?. Just better hope your marker is lenient :biggrin:

I got split teachers. One for theory and one for Programming. The whole year on the theory part was a joke. Every single lesson was a mess about.

Does anyone know what Word Length is? The text book doesn't really explain it very well.

I just hope that this paper will be as easy as the programming one.

PS. What did people put for the 3 states of the lift?

1) Lift at a floor (Doors Open)
2) Lift at a floor (Doors Closed)
3) Lift moving between floors.

Thats what I wrote

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for that info fahadalhasan
I put for my states
1) Lift doors open
2) Lift doors close
3) Lift moves to desired floor

Is all I could think of. And Word Length is like 10001101 in binary, so to transmit a word length of 8 bits you would need 8 wires in the bus.
I wrote :
Lift going up
Lift Going down
Lift stopping

I am probably wrong :s-smilie:

I did Comp2 in Jan and made Past papers by selecting relevent questions from the old spec past papers, if any of u guys need them do lemme know, and i also made a revision thing for myself with all the definitions. I got 75/80 :woo: in that exam but i think i f**ked this 1 up, I calculated and I need up to 71/100 in this exam to get an Overall A, Fingers crossed :-)
Reply 190
Yeh I put Lift going up, lift going down, lift stationary (at a floor).

Though im not sure going up/down is really a state, its more of an input?
well I thought like pushing the button was the input for the thing, so pushing the button outside & inside is opening and closing doors and then pushing a button going to your floor was appropriate.
=/

Oh and Ali thanks for the revision file, i'm downloading it now, if it's useful i'll recommend it.
Reply 192
I think I wrote that the states:

- Doors Open
- Doors Closed
- Ground floor

Seem okay?
sent me complaint letter
Hi I am doing Comp1 in May/June this year.

Once the skeleton program is released,do the teachers basically predict what is coming up on the test and you are shown how to do this or how does it work?

Full explanation would be very useful.Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending