The Student Room Group

Mixed reactions

does anybody get these? basically when you expree the wrong emotion at the wrong time.

it happens to mell the time (well, laughter anyway), i seem to laugh at the wrong situation. for instance, when im in trouble, helplesss and hopeless, i just bust out laughing for no reason. or when im in a room with people and everone is quite, the silence is suddenly broken wih my laughter. or when i just come out of the exam room, disscussing it with friends, talking about silly mistakes and how we flopped, all of them have a serious face and then theres me laughing my head of yelling something like "i totally flopped". Do you know how many times i have gotten in trouble in secondary school for 'disturbing the class'?

mods can you change the title to 'mixed emotions'
Reply 1
Prokaryotic_crap
does anybody get these? basically when you expree the wrong emotion at the wrong time.

it happens to mell the time (well, laughter anyway), i seem to laugh at the wrong situation. for instance, when im in trouble, helplesss and hopeless, i just bust out laughing for no reason. or when im in a room with people and everone is quite, the silence is suddenly broken wih my laughter. or when i just come out of the exam room, disscussing it with friends, talking about silly mistakes and how we flopped, all of them have a serious face and then theres me laughing my head of yelling something like "i totally flopped". Do you know how many times i have gotten in trouble in secondary school for 'disturbing the class'?

Yeah, I laugh at innapropriate moments all the time, I usually try and pass it off as coughing when people start looking at me.
lol quite a few of us used to do it at seconadry school, teacher used to bite everytime so we did it even more
Reply 3
Sometimes bc of something bad happening I'll have to suppress nervous laughter. I don't think it's too unusual.
Reply 4
Prokaryotic_crap

You can do that by double clicking the area around your thread title and it'll let you edit it :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending