The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
wow... that was actually really cool. although only 3 people with the internet? can imagine TSR being pretty dull... lol
Reply 21
What a whole load of statistics abuse to lull in people with sensationalism. On a par with labours '100% increases!!11111) when it's 100% increase on a figure of around 0.5% thus increaseing it to just 1%.

Plus the fact that many seem to have overlooked that these statistics were first published in 1990... and so were probabley taken from around the 1985 mark. Hardly reliable soources of infomation now.

I dont know about you guys.. but my family certainly didnt have a computor 19 years ago. OMG!! only 12% have a pc?! We should all consider ourselves so lucky!

And as for the comments regarding how much people have to live on - They make absoloutly no comparison to the actual cost of living.

"If you have a bank account you are in the 30% wealthiest" - What total utter rubbish.

Thanks for the attempted guilt trip. It failed. I must be cold hearted.

/thread
Hopefully, Madonna will be out there representin'...

so she can courageously adopt the poorer 75%.

Because Madonna's always cool lyke that. :cool:
Reue
What a whole load of statistics abuse to lull in people with sensationalism. On a par with labours '100% increases!!11111) when it's 100% increase on a figure of around 0.5% thus increaseing it to just 1%.

Plus the fact that many seem to have overlooked that these statistics were first published in 1990... and so were probabley taken from around the 1985 mark. Hardly reliable soources of infomation now.

I dont know about you guys.. but my family certainly didnt have a computor 19 years ago. OMG!! only 12% have a pc?! We should all consider ourselves so lucky!

/thread

Good points all.

But they can't even figure out if the G-20 nations represent 80...or 85...
or as much as 90 per cent of the total wealth on this planet.

And that stat is supposedly fresh!

Latest

Trending

Trending