The Student Room Group

cany any1 help please

hi i was wondering if any1 can help me i want to know which of the two sentences make more sense for the concrete experiment in physics

the aim for my experiment was to find out if the differnt masses of sand in the concrete block has an affect on how much weight will be needed to break it

the aim for my experiment was to find out if the different amounts of sand in the concrete block has an effect on how much weight will be needed to break it

what makes more sense and would gain more mark if being exammed masses of sand or amounts of sand what makes more sense thanks
Reply 1
I can remember being told not to use 'amount' as it was too vage/less scientific ect.
Better to use mass, volume ect.
You could put; "The aim of my experiment was to find out if different concentrations of sand in the concrete block had an effect on how much weight would be needed to break it."

If you think that sounds more scientific or makes more sense...
masses....or ye...volumes

depends what units you were measuring it in

but not amounts not very specific at all
Reply 4
I don't like either. Mainly because weight and breaking don't really go together. It's more to do with forces applied to the blog by loading masses onto them.
Reply 5
thanks people i was basicly measuring sand in grams so do you think i should use masses or concentration

Latest