The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

legend_killer
so what is it then or are you just one of these retards who thinks they are clever because they can't even pass a few gcses let alone a levels.

You keep believing your clever

Says the person who clearly has yet to fully grasp punctuation and grammar... :rolleyes:
Reply 81
LawBore
And this has to do with?
I refer to the fact that money is a tangible entity. You can touch it and it can buy you things. It is cold and hard and round (or paper).
God is not. As far as I am concerned, a life dedicated towards God would be helpless because I have no proof he/she/it exists.

A small minority of money is paper/coins. The vast majority is numbers in computers. There is about 30bn pounds in circulation in notes/coins, the BoE is creating 75bn pounds in the next three months at the tap of a computer.

Your saying that faith in money is a physical entity, its not its fictitious.
Faith in 'god' is also not a phyical entity, it also fictious.
Reply 82
Quady
A small minority of money is paper/coins. The vast majority is numbers in computers. There is about 30bn pounds in circulation in notes/coins, the BoE is creating 75bn pounds in the next three months at the tap of a computer.

Your saying that faith in money is a physical entity, its not its fictitious.
Faith in 'god' is also not a phyical entity, it also fictious.

Even data is tangible. We can see it, Russel would call this 'sense-data'. We have zero evidence of god...
Reply 83
LawBore
Even data is tangible. We can see it, Russel would call this 'sense-data'. We have zero evidence of god...

You see representations of data.
People see representations of god.
Bromley would say data is intangible as it is 'thought representation'
Reply 84
Because last time I tried to buy anything with God, I got in trouble with a security guard.
Because money is real?
Quady
The word 'quite' means I'm in agreement with you.

So I'm not too sure why you have told me this...

oh. in that case we should double-team against anyone who disagrees with our analysis. :p:
penrithkeswick
Because money is real?

I love how you think you're so witty and original that in five pages, no-one has yet made that joke in this thread.
Quady

penrithkeswick
Because money is real?

i'll let you sort this one out. :p:
Reply 89
penrithkeswick
Because money is real?

huh? In what way? :s-smilie:
Reply 90
If i died and i met god and he offered me another body i would decline, there is so much pain in this world i would certainly not want to come back, i would prefer to sit in the clouds.
So i am going to try and have a comfortable life without having to worry about imaginary beings, and wait for my death.
Reply 91
Quady
huh? In what way? :s-smilie:

It has a real influence?
(That's about as real as it gets imo)
Reply 92
legend_killer
Why,
why is when I ask someone what you want from life they say, money, cars, girls.
Don't they realise once you die, you return to the master and he gives you another body.

all religions lead to one master, the all knowing, the all powerful

You need to accept that not everyone believes in what you do. A lot of people believe in no god.
Reply 93
Becuase that god of your's doesn't exist.
Reply 94
dont you judge me and go around tellin people what im centered on!
Societies are malleable.

There have been societies organised around human sacrifice before. The fact is that the masses would organise their lives around God if they were indoctrinated along those lines... though they probably wouldnt feel the presence of divinity anymore than they do now.

Money is a control mechanism, its what keeps this system going. People are motivated by it because they are taught to be motivated by it.

The thinking individual is rare in any epoch.
Reply 96
Main_Du_Bois
Societies are malleable.

There have been societies organised around human sacrifice before. The fact is that the masses would organise their lives around God if they were indoctrinated along those lines... though they probably wouldnt feel the presence of divinity anymore than they do now.

Money is a control mechanism, its what keeps this system going. People are motivated by it because they are taught to be motivated by it.

The thinking individual is rare in any epoch.

Epically brought back thread. How did you even find it?
lol didn't notice... it was on the right hand side in "related".

Anyone fancy some human sacrifice? Wouldnt want this thread to go to waste.... let us appease gaia
Because we modern types obviously have no morals.
Reply 99
Purple_Rain
Because we modern types obviously have no morals.

:biggrin:

Unlike the oldendaysers who needed stone tablets to tell them tell them not to kill each other.

Latest

Trending

Trending