The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
dancex100
i'm not at stirling yet, i'm starting in september though. i like about 20 minutes away from it but i'll be staying in the halls when i'm there :smile: you?

Same :biggrin:
I don't know what halls yet :s-smilie: lol can't wait to be able to get to class in 5 mins then after go back to bed lol
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Anyone for Geddes this September?

Any current Geddes residents who can support the wonderful things I've heard about it? :biggrin:
They send you an accomadation pack out if you meet your conditions, so this year i read that its going to be between August 5th - September 1st or 2nd
Reply 23
Hi, I'm Claire.
Iv'e got an Unconditional for Stirling to do MA Religious Studies and Professional Education and have hear really good things about it, but Im not convinced its the one I really want to go to, as I was very impressed with Aberdeen which I also have an Unconditional for. The last sort of dillemma im facing before deciding is about the nightlife in Stirling. Aberdeens nightlife is amazing however Iv'e heard Stirling isn't so good; abit boring and out of the way :s-smilie:. Can any current students help me out in reassurance of a great time at Stirling as I really don't want to sacrafice my experience of 'student life' by picking a pretty boring Uni. Like I said, I really liked them both and the courses etc are fine so its all down to the social factors :yep:
Help guys!! :woo:
Reply 24
ClaireEd10
Hi, I'm Claire.
Iv'e got an Unconditional for Stirling to do MA Religious Studies and Professional Education and have hear really good things about it, but Im not convinced its the one I really want to go to, as I was very impressed with Aberdeen which I also have an Unconditional for. The last sort of dillemma im facing before deciding is about the nightlife in Stirling. Aberdeens nightlife is amazing however Iv'e heard Stirling isn't so good; abit boring and out of the way :s-smilie:. Can any current students help me out in reassurance of a great time at Stirling as I really don't want to sacrafice my experience of 'student life' by picking a pretty boring Uni. Like I said, I really liked them both and the courses etc are fine so its all down to the social factors :yep:
Help guys!! :woo:

Well we have a union for one thing unlike aerdeen lol
The local pub (The med) does pound vodka cokes and cheap club nights in the red room which is in the same building.
In the actual city there is dusk aand fubar for clubbing and loads of pubs but usually you would go med then into town
It's certainly not boring and remember if you d get bored you could get a bunch of people to chip in for a taxi home from glasgow/edinburgh and get the train there for a night out. But in first year its halls where you spend the most time partying :smile:
You should visit here though

And about geddes court..if you like fire alarms ALL THE TIME then go there :p: I of course am bias as Im in murray hall lol
Reply 25
Thanks, really useful =) I'm visiting this Wednesday coming so I'll find out alot more about it, hopefully! lol I haven't even started looking at what halls i'd like to stay in...can you say unorganised =/ lol
Stirling is awesome, currently in my first year there and I love it :biggrin:
Only thing is, the law department aren't the best at organisation in the world, but the main online resource of WebCT is a LOT better now than it was at the beginning :P

Any questions about the law course, accomodation etc, ask away and I'll do my best to answer :biggrin:
ClaireEd10
Thanks, really useful =) I'm visiting this Wednesday coming so I'll find out alot more about it, hopefully! lol I haven't even started looking at what halls i'd like to stay in...can you say unorganised =/ lol

You are most definitely not unorganised - it's only April! If nightlife's what you're after though, go to Aberdeen. I personally enjoy Stirling nightlife because it is so quite, but if you want something a bit bigger and more mental, then Aberdeen's for you.

However, you might find that you fall in love with Stirling after coming to visit since the Campus is so pretty.
Reply 28
Dream Weaver
I was up there on the 15th April and loved it too. Accepted it as a Firm choice, studying psychology. Hopefully it will be good!

I am attending Stirling University this year to study psychology :smile: Read my pack that i got through and i am a bit confused about module choices. Although Studying psychology what module choices are you required to make to study alongside ur chosen course?
x~Ashley~x
I am attending Stirling University this year to study psychology :smile: Read my pack that i got through and i am a bit confused about module choices. Although Studying psychology what module choices are you required to make to study alongside ur chosen course?

They select the modules that you need for your degree for you and there you're free to pick anything else you want up until about third year or so, just to make up the credits. I think out of three module spaces you have in semester one, only one of them is taken up by a psychology module, so you have two free choices to make. Decide what you're interested in and go for it!
x~Ashley~x

I'm unsure what you mean. For psychology, the first two modules you study are both introductory modules which cover the basics. The third module you do is Social Communication. It isn't until the forth semester when you get a larger choice of modules; each different aspects of psychology. As far as I know you can pick whichever of these modules you are interested in.

For other subjects you can study any modules that you get into, however if you are doing a joint degree then there will be specific modules to take from the other subject.

I'm sure there will be more detailed information on the website. Hope I helped. :smile:
Reply 31
Thank for your help guys :smile: Its given me a clearer understanding now :smile: I had a rough idea its just deciding what ones i actually want to take. U both attending university this year?
Reply 32
Steve-Bauer
Anyone for Geddes this September?

Any current Geddes residents who can support the wonderful things I've heard about it? :biggrin:

Nope i've applied for Murray Hall. I am doing Politics and History though so i'll see you around.
Reply 33
Can anyone tell me what AK Davidson halls r like? I Have applied for it and it has been given good reviews just wonderin if there was anyone in ADK halls last year that can give me a little more info so i know what to expect when i arrive.
JTArmour
Nope i've applied for Murray Hall. I am doing Politics and History though so i'll see you around.

Yeah man, you'll notice that post is a year old, and I didn;t actually go for Geddes in the end, I spent the last year in Murray Hall! You'll have the best year of your life in there:smile:
x~Ashley~x
Can anyone tell me what AK Davidson halls r like? I Have applied for it and it has been given good reviews just wonderin if there was anyone in ADK halls last year that can give me a little more info so i know what to expect when i arrive.

They're halls - there's a bed, desk, wardrobe and sink in every room. Up to 26 people per floor and about 5 toilets/showers per floor (unless you're on the top floor, number 7, where there's 8 rooms and 3 toilets/showers). Some of the porters are brilliant, some of them are a nightmare - and they will close off the games room, tv room and even the laundry room if the kitchens aren't tidy/someone vandelises part of the building.

If you have any other more specific questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Latest