The Student Room Group

What's the obsession with Football hooliganism?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

But i really want to know whats so good about football hooliganism? Seriously basically everyone i know wants to be a part of it. They always talk about who has the best "firm" etc, This is seriously everyone at my college. Its just like a craze for people between 13-19 where i live. I dont know whats so good about it? I think its really sad. Really why cant people just watch football in peace without wanting to fight the other fans? Really pathetic.

Just wanted to know if its the same everywhere. Or if there is any Football Hooligans on here. I'm curious to know what you find good about it.
Joel-M

But i really want to know whats so good about football hooliganism?

Whats so good about football at all????
Reply 2
[QUOTE="simply__blue"]
Joel-M

But i really want to know whats so good about football hooliganism?

Whats so good about football at all????

It's better than little chavs in burberry hats fighting in the street.
Reply 3
It's probably because of Green Street and Football Factory. Same thing has happened with retards starting 'hArDCoRE cAGeFighTIng bEatDOWN cLUBZ" since Never Back Down came out.
[QUOTE="Joel-M"]
simply__blue

It's better than little chavs in burberry hats fighting in the street.

The only difference is the burberry.
Reply 5
Joel-M

But i really want to know whats so good about football hooliganism? Seriously basically everyone i know wants to be a part of it. They always talk about who has the best "firm" etc, This is seriously everyone at my college. Its just like a craze for people between 13-19 where i live. I dont know whats so good about it? I think its really sad. Really why cant people just watch football in peace without wanting to fight the other fans? Really pathetic.

Just wanted to know if its the same everywhere. Or if there is any Football Hooligans on here. I'm curious to know what you find good about it.

Its the same as gang culture its all about terrioty. I'm intersting in it although never been involved directly. I have read books and am really into the fashion hence the the name
If its people from Barnsley specifically and Barnsley fans, I saw them at Oakwell earlier in the season and there were just a few chavs in burberry, literally about 10 of them. My mate whos a Forest fan was into this type of thing a few years ago and he and a few others shoved a Gillingham fan in the Trent and has been guilty numerous times of causing trouble inside the ground and now has a 5 year ban (which isn't long from being up).
Theres normally a bit of a skirmish occasionally, United v Wednesday for example but 90% of the time theres never very much trouble that I can see or am aware of whether inside or outside the ground.
Some teams are pretty notoious (Cardiff, Millwall, West Ham) but its certainly not the 80's anymore.
Reply 7
If lads are 13 then they can't be involved in real hooliganism, can they?

9/10 out of 10 those who say they are involved are just posturing. Make that 99.5% for under 18's

It's over-stated but maybe people need things to cling on to.

I know a few people who'd consider themselves 'lads' as far as LFC is concerned but Liverpool don't tend to go after anyone unless provoked. The rule tends to be that if someone starts something on us then we'll retaliate and batter them, but otherwise we'll leave well alone. The hools are all banned (same with most clubs) and won't come out for a big cup game against the likes of Juve, Spurs, Millwall and Man United.

I'm no fighter by any means, but I've been everywhere and I've seen the odd scuffle/skirmish along the way. Nothing serious and nothing approaching an organised mob. I'd guess your schoolmates are lying.