The Student Room Group

Am i like, bein snobby?

I don't think that is really the word, but basically i can't wait to get out of school with my int2/highers this year because i was bullied in that place and it would kill me to do 6th year, infact it's been enough of a struggle doing 5th. I'm going to go to college and do social studies at higher, but i just feel that i should be able to get into a higher course since i am already sitting int2s and highers. I don't want to do a silly int1, in my opinion i'm much better than that, also it would only be the one subject, so pointless. :mad:
My guidance teacher is trying to force me into applying for photography, and miss un-assertive here has let her just pull me through with that, but i HATE art. It kills me. I have to say tomorro that i'm not happy before the application form goes off. I am taking art music & admin at int2 & modern studies & english at higher, i'm pretty sure i'll pass them :wink: So does it not make more sense to do a mod studs kinda related thing? since the 2 highers are the only subjects i'm actually interested in. I can't pretend i like art. Surely i have to use english cos it's obviously one of my better ones.
It's only, what kinda courses are even like mod studs?
It would all be fine if i could just stay and get more highers, then i could get smarter & go to uni :o:
I'm outta luck to stay on anyway, she's already made up her mind that i won't benefit from school as my attendance has been so low :rolleyes: :frown:
What i was lookin for was colleges that let you do highers, like you would at school, would make college worthwhile as i could be sitting 5 highers and not just 1 subect (maybe not even at higher):mad:
It's all care and beauty, i'm not interested in that.
But course i'm not actin the snob some people like hairdressing and care :rolleyes:
I duno what i should do folks. There's nothing out there like mod studs & english kinda related really and the college are crap at advising yie.
Oh lordy.
Ahh. I'm such a f*nny.:eek3:
Maybe apply to college and get a few more highers behind you? It'll give you more options and if you really like one of them you could go on to study it further.
Reply 2
angelbaby91
It's only, what kinda courses are even like mod studs?

Politics, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, History, Philosophy...

angelbaby91
What i was lookin for was colleges that let you do highers, like you would at school, would make college worthwhile as i could be sitting 5 highers

That's entirely possible. Don't let them push you into things you don't want to do, seriously. Research for yourself online if you haven't already, then get back to them.
I was contemplating this as well because my school is so horrifically organised. My friend jumped ship after fourth year despite being a disgustingly talented artist (our art teacher was desperate for her to do Higher Art), but she went to college instead to do photography, funnily enough, and absolutely loves it. (Not that you'd necessarily enjoy it, just an example :wink:).

Find a college that offers courses you want to do and would be interested in. Maybe you'll have to look beyond the ones closest to you, but I'm sure you'll find something you want to do. I might have to go to a college to do Higher Modern Studies because I want to crash it in Sixth Year and we get last choice, and it's likely to be full up. :rolleyes:

And yeah, spend some time online researching prospective careers, or call some colleges. Good luck. :biggrin:
why dont you move school?

Latest

Trending

Trending