The Student Room Group

How to get hair Dye out hair.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
lol doug is hte besT!!
Reply 21
Hi
Just use washing up powder of washing up liquid !!!!
Reply 22
How do you get purple out of dark hair iv used washing up liquid and washing powder help!!!!
Original post by Http
Hi
Just use washing up powder of washing up liquid !!!!

Original post by Http
How do you get purple out of dark hair iv used washing up liquid and washing powder help!!!!

This is a thread from 2009.

I don't think putting either of those things in your hair is ever a good idea.
I had this problem when I dyed my hair turquoise :rolleyes: It was a bad idea.

Decolour hair colour remover helped to fade my hair a bit, it smells really bad though and tends to linger on your hair for a bit, and it didn't really seem to remove all of the colour.
Get some vitamin C tablets and crush them up into a powder, and mix them in with some head and shoulders shampoo. Put the mixture on your hair and leave on for 1-2 hours (however long you can stand it) with a shower cap and then wash off. I've found it really helps.
Bleach bath it, but only when it really won't come out as it may damage your hair a bit, but I've found it is really effective in removing dye. Mix some peroxide (about 20 vol as 30 will damage your hair more) with some powder bleach. Then put in some shampoo. Leave that on your hair around half an hour, it is less damaging than full on bleaching it. It may turn some of your hair blonde or gingery but I assume if you're going to re-dye it afterwards it shouldn't matter too much.
Another method I've heard of, but not tried, is fairy liquid and head and shoulders. Apparently it helps fade the colour too :smile: Good luck :smile:
Get a blonde or a hair stripper to bleach it so it makes it light and then put an ash brown on
Reply 26
Hi I’m about to try this do it make your hair look patchy or streaky as I’m scared it will look a mess as in uneven tone x

Quick Reply

Latest