Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lewis Kicked Out Of Aussie GP

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Stevo)
    the spa 95 race i linked? this is what happened: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns00260.html that's equally if not harsher than anything hamilton has had.
    Ouch! :eek: that is harsh indeed! This happened when I was only 4, If only I was old enough during Michael Schumachar's early career. :stomp:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenomorph v2.1)
    Ouch! :eek: that is harsh indeed! This happened when I was only 4, If only I was old enough during Michael Schumachar's early career. :stomp:
    another anonying ferrari fan :p:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmadjan3)
    another anonying ferrari fan :p:
    Yeah the fans that don't exaggerate
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    I really don't understand. The decision that was made was correct, justice was done. Why are people upset that Hamilton's points were deducted?
    You really don't get it?

People aren't (on the whole) complaining about the decision that was reached, they're unhappy about the way the FIA goes about reaching them. If this was really the decision that should have been reached, then there shouldn't have been another decision prior to this that had to be reversed.

I, for one, don't understand why all the people involved in handing out the penalties wouldn't have listened to the radio transmissions before making a decision. It just goes to show how negligent they were and re-inforces the image of the governing body as being incompetent, which makes the level on which they can alter the result of a race all the more worrying; in essence, it can make the racing itself (which is what F1 is supposed to be about) meaningless.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by what_apples)
    You really don't get it?

People aren't (on the whole) complaining about the decision that was reached, they're unhappy about the way the FIA goes about reaching them. If this was really the decision that should have been reached, then there shouldn't have been another decision prior to this that had to be reversed.

I, for one, don't understand why all the people involved in handing out the penalties wouldn't have listened to the radio transmissions before making a decision. It just goes to show how negligent they were and re-inforces the image of the governing body as being incompetent, which makes the level on which they can alter the result of a race all the more worrying; in essence, it can make the racing itself (which is what F1 is supposed to be about) meaningless.
    Oh right now I understand, thank for clearing it up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenomorph v2.1)
    Yeah the fans that don't exaggerate the teams success by stating that the drivers are the best after only 1-2 seasons. Ferrari is the best team both statistically and in the eyes of the leaders of F1 who also give Ferrari priority in regards to so many aspects of the sport, it's all for a reason - Ferrari is simply the best.
    yeah sure the best team. :rolleyes:
    a few points
    1. wet weather performance
    2. pit lane accident massa twice in a season
    3. sore loser singapore
    4. enough said

:p:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This news has left me with a huge smile on my face. I, like the FIA, thought the right decision had been made, but the fact Hamilton said he'd let Trulli past, and then tried to make out he just overtook Hamilton.

Justice has been done, for once (unlike the Vettel/Kubica thing). Shame McLaren didn't just tell the truth and keep fourth; then they'd be on 5 points, with Ferrari on absolutely nothing. Now they're even being beaten by STR!
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    a few points
    3. sore loser singapore
    4. enough said

Who are the current contructors champions?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by what_apples)
    You really don't get it?

This. :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    I really don't understand. The decision that was made was correct, justice was done. Why are people upset that Hamilton's points were deducted?
    Because the FIA are to get him omgz!!!! :woo:

:rolleyes:

I agree with what Brundle says on the clip on the BBC site really, they should of told them the whole storey with all the transmissions and the chances are he would f got 4th, hes not been punished for passing trulli, or letting him back through he has been punished for what has been perseaved as him misleading the stewards in there enquirys, and pleading ignorance saying they where listening to all the transmissions isnt a fantastic excuse.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    a few points
    3. sore loser singapore
    4. enough said

1. for half of one season, the car couldnt generate heat in its tyres means the team is crap?
    2. **** happens.
    3. lmfao?
    4. fail.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    a few points
    3. sore loser singapore
    4. enough said

They're so bad yet they manage to win the Constructors' Championship, so where does that put them relative to other teams? Ferrari are bad which makes its competitors....? :rolleyes:

Like it or not opinions aside, they are the best team it cannot be disputed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    1. for half of one season, the car couldnt generate heat in its tyres means the team is crap?
    2. **** happens.
    3. lmfao?
    4. fail.
    Seriously, ignore him.

90% of me disliking lewis is down to him, the other 10% is down to James Allen, go figure.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Not being funny, but does anyone have a link to them? Or a transcript? I haven't seen them...
    Transcript of McLaren's radio transmission:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74159
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    2. **** happens.
    3. lmfao?
    4. fail.
    epic fail :p:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    WOAH look what the FIA have done:
    http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre..._decision.aspx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    This. :yep:
    But this is nothing new, remember Brazil 1995, the fuel irregularity rucess was going for some time, they took a couple of days to dsq coulthard and schumacher, only to then reinstate them and deduct the constructor points.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    WOAH look what the FIA have done:
    http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre..._decision.aspx
    I just listened to it right now! :eek3: I don't get where the 'cheating' takes place :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Seriously, ignore him.

90% of me disliking lewis is down to him, the other 10% is down to James Allen, go figure.
    i am not always on lewis side. mclaren and lewis are being stupid this time. what i am angry about is FIA taking so long to look at the full evidence. why did it take them four days to decide? why didn't they look at the full story at first?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by castroneves)
    But this is nothing new, remember Brazil 1995, the fuel irregularity rucess was going for some time, they took a couple of days to dsq coulthard and schumacher, only to then reinstate them and deduct the constructor points.
    No I don't remember it because I was only 8 years old and did not follow F1 at the time :p:.

But seeing that that's the case, it's still silly that these sort of things are still happening in 2009...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 8, 2009
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered motorsport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.