The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Chocolatey Goodness
It is not blinded anymore. You do put down what medical school you go to. When applying for the Foundation school for FY, examiners do NOT have access to details about where you got your degree. However, once you have been assigned a Foundation school, employers within the foundation school have access to your details. These are the guys who have the final say in what programme you are assigned to within the Foundation school. Now, I doubt it'll make a difference to them where you graduated.

As for quartiles, yes there are 2 points between each quartile as it stands now. Your grades count for only 40% of the total marks in the UKFPO (MTAS is no longer used. It is now called the UKFPO). 60% is what are called white space questions - questions where you talk about how different clinical scenarios have taught you skills or situations in which you have demonstrated important skills. This is also where you mention your BSc if you do one.

I see, those white spaces would benefit people on an integrated course wouldn't it, as they'd have seen a lot more patients over the years?
crazylemon
Definitely want to try and keep in the top 50% then.

Edit: can't rep you for the lecture stuff for 11 days sorry :frown:

Its all good.

I hope it was of interest.

Not out on the lash?
crazylemon
I am curious which ones would you say?
I don't really know myself

well at Manchester, if your UKCAT is in the top 750 you get an interview (providing you pass the min requirements and all that stuff). after this stage it's like an 84% chance of securing an offer.
At Sheffield (where they put strong emphasis on the UKCAT), getting 670+ gets you an interview, and because only very few applicants get scores in that region it means the success rate if relatively high.
same with Imperial (which you'll be aware of). in my rejection email i think they said that only about 30% of all applicants get called for an interview. and it's fair to say that solid bmat scores will probably get you one, and it's something like a 70% odd of being offered a place.
terpineol
Its all good.

I hope it was of interest.

Not out on the lash?

I havent listened to it all yet.
Spent much of the day trying to get ******* itunes to work.
no no lash for me. Went out for a meal with parents.
crazylemon
I havent listened to it all yet.
Spent much of the day trying to get ******* itunes to work.
no no lash for me. Went out for a meal with parents.

Fair doos, I'd send a beer but tsr just isn't that advanced.
Isometrix
well at Manchester, if your UKCAT is in the top 750 you get an interview (providing you pass the min requirements and all that stuff). after this stage it's like an 84% chance of securing an offer.
At Sheffield (where they put strong emphasis on the UKCAT), getting 670+ gets you an interview, and because only very few applicants get scores in that region it means the success rate if relatively high.
same with Imperial (which you'll be aware of). in my rejection email i think they said that only about 30% of all applicants get called for an interview. and it's fair to say that solid bmat scores will probably get you one, and it's something like a 70% odd of being offered a place.

Yeah certainly helps. Especially if you apply smart. But then also if you apply smart you can mitigate the effects (at least of the UKCAT)
anonymity007
I see, those white spaces would benefit people on an integrated course wouldn't it, as they'd have seen a lot more patients over the years?

No it wouldn't.
terpineol
Fair doos, I'd send a beer but tsr just isn't that advanced.

It is a shame. Friend tried to send half a kitkat over msn. That didnt work either :frown:

Cider I had was nice though
Reply 128
I've had all rejections so far... and for me it's never been about where I go. It's about doing medicine. I don't think it matters. If I had the opportunity to do medicine I'd jump at it and go for it, regardless of where it was. You may not get that chance again. And some unis may not be too keen on you having reapplied...

Latest

Trending

Trending