The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
along with what most people of said (AAB being enough academically to make a good doc) i would say that many people have little social life to attain AAB/AAA (personal experience), which is un-healthy. perhaps why the non-revisable UKCAT has been introduced to separate the naturally intelligent from the people who spend their lives in the books

not that i truly believe that the UKCAT is incredibly fair though...
Reply 21
Renal
Because you think it's academically necessary? :rolleyes:

More because I think it would really push people and reduce competition.
I reckon that any competent person could treat A-Levels seriously and manage AAA.
Just makes sense to exploit the full differentiating potential of the A-Levels, as certain Unis do for the UKCAT and the BMAT.

But ofcourse you can get AAB and go on to be a fantastic doctor.
t3h_y0u553f
Why do they even place so much emphasis on predicted grades, shouldn't they base decisions on actual module results that they have achieved and not wishful thinking.

Thus the wonderful concept of conditional offers. I applied in my gap year and for some reason UCL gave me a conditional offer anyway just in case.

I also doubt having A*s would make a huge difference. They will probably still use AAA as a cut off and if you have a few A*s all the better. The interview is where offers are made or broken.

Latest

Trending

Trending