The Student Room Group

Technology & Concentration

Hello to everyone.

I am seeking some opinions from Teachers and Students alike so felt this would be the place to ask!

If you have the time could you please answer the following questions, your time is greatly appreciated.

My dissertation is looking at how "Digital Technology" such as computers, mobile phones, the internet and T.V can have an effect on concentration levels. I am interested in gaining your views on the subject as you use (or don't) technology first hand to teach.

1. Can technology affect concentration levels whilst teaching/studying?
i.e. Aiding or hindering the lesson?
2. Does technology adversely impinge upon what you are aiming to achieve when teaching/studying?
3. Do you think - with technology - that maturity contributes to the ability to concentrate?
4. Do you prefer to teach/study in the traditional manner or do you prefer using technology?
i.e text book learning or digital presentations?
5. Do you think technology distracts students or aids concentration levels?

Thank you to anyone who can spare the time to answer these questions. If you wouls prefer to reply directly please do so to [email address removed].

Kind Regards,

Scott
Reply 1
Can anyone help me? Even if it is to answer one question :smile:
Reply 2
1 - Depends on the technology. TV = distraction, Computer = both distraction and necessity
2 - See above.
3 - Yes.
4 - I use both - whatever has the information I require - more often it would be 'technology'
5 - See 1.

Cant be arsed e-mailing you.

Latest

Trending

Trending