The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You mean the year after? Of course you can, you can apply there as many years running as you like. What you need to do is get feedback from your interview, find out what was missing in your application, and sort it out for the time you apply next year so that your application is stronger.

Where did you apply out of interest?
Reply 2
you can :smile:
[at least for most of them]

imperial said it was totally fine
Depends on the med school UCL don't like you to
you can apply anywhere

whether or not you'd get lucky is another debate i guess
Reply 5
hungryhippo
hey, i was just wondering if it was possible to reapply to the same uni for medicine - if you had been rejected after interview...

ive heard that you cannot, as it is seen as a 'personal' reason, as your results must have be good enough to get you an interview in the first place.

so can anyone help?

You can, though some places (here) give preference to those applying for the first time.

I do however know someone who got in here on her second shot.
The vast majority of medical schools will reconsider you without prejudice.

It is worth noting that you should verify with the medical schools that you are applying to, whether your application is likely to be considered. Most places will consider you without prejudice. Some places will give preference to those who applied to them previously. Some places (Nottingham springs to mind... and UCL as stated above) state that you are unlikely to be reconsidered if you were rejected after interview first time.
crazylemon

really?? That's harsh. I didn't know that. Did they say that to you?
Reply 8
there is certainly nothing to stop you
crazylemon

They may not like it but one of my friends got rejected by UCL after interview and admitted the following year. She got helpful feedback from them too :smile:
Reply 10
I think it says on UCL's website about reapplicants, so check there. I was under the impression that unless they tell you expressly to reapply, they do not like reapplicants, but I could be wrong.

This may be with respect to those who got through to interview stage.
Reply 11
iheartvet
I think it says on UCL's website about reapplicants, so check there. I was under the impression that unless they tell you expressly to reapply, they do not like reapplicants, but I could be wrong.

This may be with respect to those who got through to interview stage.

they dont like those who have already had interviews.
they told me that i could reapply getting the raised grades next year but would not be guaranteed an offer. [didnt have an interview there]
IndiePixie
They may not like it but one of my friends got rejected by UCL after interview and admitted the following year. She got helpful feedback from them too :smile:

Yeah but normaly they say if they would like you to reaply, my letter said I could if not placed this year
Reply 13
ive been rejected from leicester after interview...i cant find anything stating any advice for reapplicants.
should i assume that ur allowed 2 reapply there??
Reply 14
hungryhippo
ive been rejected from leicester after interview...i cant find anything stating any advice for reapplicants.
should i assume that ur allowed 2 reapply there??

I would say go again to an open day and ask and/or phone them up and ask. I may wish to reapply their and so would also like to know but i'll be phoning up and asking later on.
Chocolatey Goodness
really?? That's harsh. I didn't know that. Did they say that to you?

UCL will automatically reject any reapplicant who has previously been rejected after interview, unless the admissions dean wrote to them specifically after the interview telling them that they can reapply.
Spencer Wells
UCL will automatically reject any reapplicant who has previously been rejected after interview, unless the admissions dean wrote to them specifically after the interview telling them that they can reapply.

Wow, that is harsh. What do yo reckon the thinking is?
Manchester will also automatically reject anyone who has previoulsy been rejected after interview by them - unless they have done a degree in the intervening time.
ThisLittlePiggy
Wow, that is harsh. What do yo reckon the thinking is?

That many very good applicants are rejected without even an interview due to lack of interview slots and to give someone who messes up the first time another shot would deny another applicant the chance to try.
Reply 19
Nottingham don't allow it.

Latest

Trending

Trending