Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Spotify Discussion and Playlists

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
  • View Poll Results: What are you going to do?
    Pay for Spotify premium every month.
    20.68%
    Keep using Spotify as a free user and put up with the music limits.
    31.22%
    Quit Spotify and use another free streaming service (please state which in the thread)
    13.92%
    Just download music - Legally
    3.80%
    Just download music - Illegally
    30.38%

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zap Brannigan)
    Absolutely ridiculous that I no longer get as much free music as I want for absolutely no cost. I am outraged. Furious even. Prepare to get the angry e-mailing of your life, Jonathen from Spotify!!!! madmadmad
    Perhaps this website will help calm you down.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiamTheKook)
    Perhaps this website will help calm you down.
    ahahaha!

On Spotify... I'm gutted. I've fallen into the trap of relying on it for my music player so I'm stuck in an annoying posistion. Go out and blow £200+ or whatever it would be to own outright all the albums on there, or take out the monthly subscription only to have nothing "tangible" at the end of it .
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ok people, so tomorrow I'm having a pre drinking session at mine before we (10 of us) hit town. Due to being incredibly lazy, I've not put together a decent playlist for spotify and was wondering if anyone had a playlist with clubby type music - you know, the stuff that we'll probably end up hearing the rest of the night etc etc. Just going to take me hours to make it myself that's all
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    Ok people, so tomorrow I'm having a pre drinking session at mine before we (10 of us) hit town. Due to being incredibly lazy, I've not put together a decent playlist for spotify and was wondering if anyone had a playlist with clubby type music - you know, the stuff that we'll probably end up hearing the rest of the night etc etc. Just going to take me hours to make it myself that's all
    Just go on sharemyplaylists.com and look for house, trance and dance playlists. I'm sure you'll find something you like
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just popped in to complain:

AARRGHH I hate it when you get the same advert twice in a row immediately after the first time... Especially when it's Now 78. Grrr.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HilariousNinja)
    Just go on sharemyplaylists.com and look for house, trance and dance playlists. I'm sure you'll find something you like
    Ahh this is an awesome site, thanks team!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not long til May 1st....
    http://musicouch.com/musicouching/sp...going-to-lose/
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right, signed up for Spotify premium (I really wanted it for my iPod)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fretter778)
    I'm probably just going to go to the £5 a month version, I was considering it anyway so this is 'motivation', so to speak. I'll actually miss some of the ads though, weirdly. I've discovered some great bands from them. The ones with Jonathan from Spotify and ones advertising crap like label makers I won't miss though.
    I agree with this. With the ads, i have managed to discover some amazing new music that otherwise wouldnt be advertised anywhere else. Anyhow, i have just been tempted (looking at my free account limit) and having an iphone to get a premium account. Also, it is more so for my huge classical music playlist that otherwise i am not able to listen to anywhere else (except for paying it individually on itunes).
    For premium mobile users, are you able to listen to your playlists (offline) without any interruptions - as if you are listening through your ipod? That is my only consideration before i get into buying it. Thank you
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Today is the sad day :moon:

And I've just discovered I only have £4 in the bank. ****.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A 5 play limit for EVER is a bit tough, I was expecting it to be a week or something. The ads didn't annoy me too much, I was expecting a lot more tbh.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    WHAT IS THIS? I had no idea about the new system and just opened Spotify ...

I loved it the way it was. :cry2:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memenme_1)
    For premium mobile users, are you able to listen to your playlists (offline) without any interruptions - as if you are listening through your ipod? That is my only consideration before i get into buying it. Thank you
    As in no interruptions from ads? There will be no ads. Not too sure about what happens if you receive a text/call though, I guess a phone call would stop playback, but texts shouldn't...possibly dependent on phone though.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spotify Premium. A must-subscribe, truely.

A simple process: when you next log onto Spotify, a message will pop up with the summary of the new Spotify model and you'll be given the choice of whether to subscribe to either Unlimited (not worth it unless you're really, REALLY tight for money) or Premium (Good times...) from which you select what you want and you are then taken through a couple of payment/verification schemes and at the end of it you are presented with a congratulations message. Wooo!

And high quality streaming? Totally worth it. That's probably the only real reason to get it, apart from offline mode and the phone mode for some people. For those who aren't musiophiles and audiophiles, it probably won't matter too much. For those who are either or both of those combined (especially those with a good ear for sound) the music quality changes dramatically-- and that's from all of the songs I've just been listening to now. Even some of my more obscure selections are in 320kb quality (Collide and the Jazz Liberatorz, anyone?). Outstanding!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bear54)
    A 5 play limit for EVER is a bit tough, I was expecting it to be a week or something. The ads didn't annoy me too much, I was expecting a lot more tbh.

(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    WHAT IS THIS? I had no idea about the new system and just opened Spotify ...

I loved it the way it was. :cry2:
    http://musicouch.com/musicouching/sp...going-to-lose/
    • 17 followers

You really need to stop peddling that same article, over and over.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Think it's a bit pathetic now really, 10 hours and a 5 time limit is just too far, they'll be losing a LOT of potential customers over this.

I'd happily splash out a tenner a month for premium now I've got a part time job too as soon as bloody 3G signal improves tenfold. While I could use the offline mode, it's far easier just to whip out Isohunt and keep the music for forever.. ZunePass would also be more tempting
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've gone for it. Took the plunge and got premium. Loving it already, just knowing I won't have to listen to bloody Johnathan telling me about Spotify's 'new' inbox feature.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fretter778)
    I've gone for it. Took the plunge and got premium. Loving it already, just knowing I won't have to listen to bloody Johnathan telling me about Spotify's 'new' inbox feature.
    :five: me too! I used up my ten hours free within two days... I listen to it that much haha so good not having to here that smug woman Zia uhhh!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mally-xo)
    :five: me too! I used up my ten hours free within two days... I listen to it that much haha so good not having to here that smug woman Zia uhhh!
    Me too! I had about 15 minutes left, got to the play count limit of 10 songs and thought sod it. Got the 7 day trial. It says in the terms and conditions it's 30 days if you log in to a mobile device, and it did say a 30 day trial was coming in May. However nothing's popped up saying that so I have no idea if I have 7 or 30 days free.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: February 28, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.