Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Spotify Discussion and Playlists

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
  • View Poll Results: What are you going to do?
    Pay for Spotify premium every month.
    20.68%
    Keep using Spotify as a free user and put up with the music limits.
    31.22%
    Quit Spotify and use another free streaming service (please state which in the thread)
    13.92%
    Just download music - Legally
    3.80%
    Just download music - Illegally
    30.38%

• 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh God, music file format elitism. I rip my CDs at 192kbps and I don't care who knows. If I ripped at any larger or used lossless format I wouldn't be able to fit all my music on my laptop, and besides 95+% of the time I'm listening thru earphones, my laptop speakers or my computer speakers. They are all ****. So it's a bit pointless. I'm not going to blow what little money I have on supposedly better sound when I get enjoyment enough from the sound I have now anyway.

Just found ohGr incidentally and he is awesome... Well, his last album is anyway. Wumpscut (edit: errrr, lol, TSR deletes their real name because it's wrapped in :'s) are ok but I get worried when listening to it that there's some white supremacist message that's going over my head because I don't know the language. An irrational and vaguely prejudicial fear but a fear nonetheless. Die Liebe is my fav.

Another bugbear though: unless I'm missing something, there is no proper browsing feature. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Oh God, music file format elitism. I rip my CDs at 192kbps and I don't care who knows. If I ripped at any larger or used lossless format I wouldn't be able to fit all my music on my laptop, and besides 95+% of the time I'm listening thru earphones, my laptop speakers or my computer speakers. They are all ****. So it's a bit pointless. I'm not going to blow what little money I have on supposedly better sound when I get enjoyment enough from the sound I have now anyway.
    :cry:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etp)
    :cry:
    :tongue: Lol, I know. Even I find the quality absolutely terrible then, though.
    • 47 followers

(Original post by etp)
    I don't know what's the big deal about Spotify, bad library and bad quality!
    To be fair, Spotify has only really started getting on its feet. As popularity increases, the library will improve. :top:

And I should have another playlist done over the weekend everyone. Don't know what to base it around currently, but I'm sure I can be inspired
    • 5 followers

Clowns. Do a playlist based on clowns. You know it makes sense. Frightening and hideous clowns.
    • 47 followers

(Original post by =nuke=)
    Clowns. Do a playlist based on clowns. You know it makes sense. Frightening and hideous clowns.
    I do? :lolwut:

:p:
    • 5 followers

It would be amazing. If you don't make it, I will. :p: On last.fm though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I held out on getting this despite having been told to by my mates for weeks.
    And now I love it, so useful when you want to hear something and cba to download, yeah it doesn't have some stuff and yeah the adverts are annoying but its free so i'll live.
    • 47 followers

(Original post by =nuke=)
    It would be amazing. If you don't make it, I will. :p: On last.fm though.
    :shock: Is that a challenge? :hmmm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    'Cause you would win

I'm not really up to scratch on music related to clowns to be honest! (Directly or indirectly haha :rolleyes: )
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Insane Clown Posse.

I hate them.
    • 47 followers

It's not very original, just a 'best of' playlist. I'm sure there'll be many more 'best of' playlists, but this one is "The Best Of Coldplay Playlist." The songs on there are all in my opinion, other Coldplay fans may disagree with me, but that's fine! Plenty of others could've gone, but I decided to keep it short.

Here you go, and enjoy:

http://open.spotify.com/user/champag...RkusVpi8wLmHD2

Once again, let me know what you think.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gahh, I hate X&Y. :dry: I'd definitely put "A Rush of Blood To The Head" and "Politik" in there, and "We Never Change" and maybe "High Speed". And take Clocks and Yellow and In My Place and the X and Y tunes out.

How could you miss out Politik!??!!?!///1?! :cry:

I might do one myself now. :shifty:
    • 47 followers

Gahh, I hate X&Y. :dry: I'd definitely put "A Rush of Blood To The Head" and "Politik" in there, and "We Never Change" and maybe "High Speed". And take Clocks and Yellow and In My Place and the X and Y tunes out.

How could you miss out Politik!??!!?!///1?! :cry:

I might do one myself now. :shifty:
    a)It's my opinion
    b)As I said, some songs deserve to go in there, but I left them out to give it some balance!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    a)It's my opinion
    b)As I said, some songs deserve to go in there, but I left them out to give it some balance!
    I know, but you did say to let you know what we thought. :shy2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I must make a playlist at some point of my favourite songs atm or something like fave MJ songs or something like that ...
    • 47 followers

I know, but you did say to let you know what we thought. :shy2:
    i was just explaining! Sorry :shy2:

I don't mind at all what you said, I was just clearing it up for you!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    My playlist is awesome :awesome:
    • 47 followers

(Original post by benmh92)
    I must make a playlist at some point of my favourite songs atm or something like fave MJ songs or something like that ...
    :yes:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    i was just explaining! Sorry :shy2:

I don't mind at all what you said, I was just clearing it up for you!
    Phew :cute:
    • 47 followers

Yet another Best Of playlist. This time, Kings of Leon

Enjoy. And for those who ask for more from 'Only By The Night'....don't. The earlier ones are real gems. Unlike my other playlists, I've kept this in chronological order.

http://open.spotify.com/user/champag...2ZkF0sjQ9z9hVU

Once again, let me know what you think.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 28, 2013
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.