Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Spotify Discussion and Playlists

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: What are you going to do?
    Pay for Spotify premium every month.
    20.68%
    Keep using Spotify as a free user and put up with the music limits.
    31.22%
    Quit Spotify and use another free streaming service (please state which in the thread)
    13.92%
    Just download music - Legally
    3.80%
    Just download music - Illegally
    30.38%

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Going to bring back Youtube and illegal downloads again.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll be leaving Spotify. Back to GrooveShark...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So ANNOYYEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Usually just pay for unlimited with those pesky fivers left in the bank anyway
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit of a bummer, but if you think about it, an average album is around £10. It's £10 a month for Spotify premium. With that you get to use Spotify mobile (which is very good), ad-free listening and also a bump in stream quality, meaning you're getting better sound. If you're a heavy listener to music, then it pretty much pays for itself. However, most people will just start downloading illegally again.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Spotify Premium subscriber so this doesn't affect me anyway, but the new rules are ridiculous. 5 plays?!

I recommend people try we7.com
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good bye free music. Such a shame. It had gotten very popular though, so am not surprised.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gutted! looks like I'll be paying for unlimited now,as its gone and got me hooked on it.. nicely done spotify.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Somehow, I blame Nick Clegg for this.

Damn, I thought I'd avoided the caps because I use Free rather than Open. Guess not. Bit peeved, but I have paid for Spotify before and I would probably do it again, I think it is worth the money.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    I'm a Spotify Premium subscriber so this doesn't affect me anyway, but the new rules are ridiculous. 5 plays?!

I recommend people try we7.com

This, if you sign up you get ad-free days.. :')
    Only downside is they don't have much in the way of non UK/USA music so if you're into that crazy stuff from europe *me* it's not much use.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    well tbh its a rolling month so unless you spend 10 hours on it a day then it doesnt make a difference and are you telling me you listen to the same track more than 5 times a day??
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I really don't know what I'm going to do. A lot of music is difficult to find without spotify, and paying for it is going to be even worse.

Bummer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone not have limited listening hours?

I get unlimited listening hours for some reason as I think I got spotify before they put in place the certain number of listening hours.

But yeah it sucks I love spotify!!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliewho)
    This, if you sign up you get ad-free days.. :')
    Only downside is they don't have much in the way of non UK/USA music so if you're into that crazy stuff from europe *me* it's not much use.
    Funny you say that, I'm hugely into Greek music and we7 have more albums than Spotify and even iTunes!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephie.u3)
    well tbh its a rolling month so unless you spend 10 hours on it a day then it doesnt make a difference and are you telling me you listen to the same track more than 5 times a day??
    It's not five times a day, it's five times ever! The article explains it all
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's goodbye to Spotify then; it was good while it lasted.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    Its a shame, I use this service now instead, much better!

Http://bit.ly/hsX3KS
    Sorry, I've got ways of getting around that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephie.u3)
    If i'm really obsessed with a song I can listen to it more then 5 times a day! But 5 times to play a song ever?? That's impossible for me with certain songs I love!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure these restrictions will only affect recently created accounts (and future accounts), so many people announcing the end of their use of the service in this thread may actually be unaffected

EDIT: I was wrong. What a bummer!
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freezeee)
    Does anyone not have limited listening hours?

I get unlimited listening hours for some reason as I think I got spotify before they put in place the certain number of listening hours.

But yeah it sucks I love spotify!!
    Yeah, we've got Spotify Free, which is currently the invitation only free version. As I understand it, they are basically removing this version altogether.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 28, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.