The Student Room Group

H history next year

well i got a 1 last year and i was the only one to sit credit from the whole year group
anyway i chose to do it at the start of this year then after 2 weeks i ran away and asked to get moved to french

the point is that we have a VERY crap history teacher and he's the only one in the departement so i will definetly get him next year and we've not had As or Bs in the departement for years!

would it really be hard to try and do it on my own something like self teaching?
Even a crap teacher is better than no teacher at all. If it's something you want to and you think you can motivate youself to do slightly more work than maybe your other highers then you should go for it.
Go for it. Higher is all about how good your memory is so even if you have a crap teacher you can still do well by reading extra books and writing practice essays at home.
Reply 3
It is possible to have a crap teacher and still do well, though if you feel you aren't getting enough out of it, you'll need to have enough self motivation to work through it at a pace that suits you. My H History teacher was off half the freaking year! She wasn't even the greatest teacher. We had to get this student teacher from the university to come in and help us! I ended up with a B, kind of wished it had been an A but oh well.
So it is possible to motivate yourself to do well, I'm an open learning student and I know it's importance :tongue:
If you were the only person to sit credit, who says you can't be the only person to get an A or B?

Latest

Trending

Trending