Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Big Bang Theory Appreciation Society

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favourite Character?
    Dr Leonard Hofstadter
    7.84%
    Dr Sheldon Cooper
    64.05%
    Mr Rajesh Koothrappali
    10.10%
    Mr Howard Wolowitz
    6.77%
    Miss Penny
    6.38%
    The Dumpling Paradox - No One Gets the Title
    4.85%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone likes that 3k pounds portrait Amy brings Penny? I think it was really beautiful and Penny looked better in it than in real life.

But seems Bernadette begs to differ. 'Transvestite'!!??:eek:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just saw the most recent episode. It's great to see Sheldon getting some of his own medicine.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah this program is amazing. I love how funny Sheldon and how he never shuts up. Not really anyways.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sheldon is the most loved I wonder what he'd say?
    BAZINGA!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    My favourite parts of the 4 part extraveganza to celebrate the 100th episode

Spoiler:
    Show

Jim Parsons to Mayim Bialik after she bursts out laughing in a scene; "She broke that, it was fine"

Sheldon: "I know he (Spock) wouldn't care for an outburst of human emotion, but oh goodie, oh goodie, oh goodie!"

Leonard: "Most of my research is with high-powered lasers and, oh, I've just gotten a big government grant to see if they can be used to knock out incoming ballistic missiles."
    Penny: "Wow! Can they?"
    Leonard: "Oh, God no! The money's pretty good, and I use the equipment to make my own Bat Signal."

Penny: “You always have to be right.”
    Leonard: “That is not true.”
    Sheldon: “I've got to go with Leonard on this. He is wrong more than anyone I know."

Leonard: "I dunno, he was pretty bad-ass on Heroes."
    Sheldon: "You're right I'll give him a shot."

Sheldon: "Sheldon Cooper presents Fun with Flags"

Amy: "Hang on, Dr. Cooper. What’s vexillology?"
    Sheldon: "Vexillology is… why is there a face on that flag?"
    Amy: "It’s Ferdinand T. Flag. I thought he might help bring in some younger viewers."
    Sheldon: "Confound it! You’re right, it’s brilliant. Let’s take it from the top."

Jim Parsons: “Do I want him and Amy to have a test tube baby? I don't want to have to work with a child every week on this set so no. *laughs*”
    How could you leave Leonard's Reebok with the gunshot wound off that list?!! :eek:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    How could you leave Leonard's Reebok with the gunshot wound off that list?!! :eek:
    Umm, because it wasnt one of my favourite parts? imho predictable and cheated me out of some fun watching them have a proper date (yes i know lots of people like less of the relationship part of the show and theyd had a date already but they were both tiny part-scenes).
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    :lurk:

:wavey:
    :work::music::musicus::closedeyes:
    :itsme:
    :innocent::flute::bebored::emo::bored::boring::sleep:

:hi:

Ready?

:nah: :curious::cookie: :wtf: :dry: :daydreaming:]:unsure:
    :grumble: :poke::hmmmm: :dontknow: :erm: :popout:
    :whip:

Steady?

:youbetcha:
    :medieval::crossedf::fight::^_^::jitsu:
    :eyeball: :rambo: :cool: :wizard: :pirate2: :zorro: :gigg:

:dumbells::five::nutcase::pirate3::rave::yep:

We now have over 400 members!!!

:w00t::proud::thumbsup::jive::beer::cake::woo::dance:

:party:

:cheers::clap2::grouphugs::crown::dancing2:
    :ymca:
    :bumps: :danceboy: :yay: :danceboy: :bumps:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the show has got so good recently. its easily my favourite thing on tv right now but this newest series is on another level in comparison to the rest.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samgillard)
    the show has got so good recently. its easily my favourite thing on tv right now but this newest series is on another level in comparison to the rest.
    I think S1 or S2 would be my favourite, but its all so amazing - I love it so much! The Bath Gift Hypothesis is definitely my favourite episode, might have seen it a bit too much now though.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or has this week passed really quickly? It's new episode time once again and it looks to be a good one!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Is it just me or has this week passed really quickly? It's new episode time once again and it looks to be a good one!
    I know what you mean, I did a double take - mentally of course - thinking about when the next one was on.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    New Picture (24).bmp

We are number 28 out of 623 societies in terms of members. However we are like number 620 out of 623 in terms of order on the site :sad:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, I did a double take - mentally of course - thinking about when the next one was on.
    Not a bad episode, though certainly not the of the series. A little predictable in places too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samgillard)
    Out of interest, what makes you find the newest series funnier?

I always find the best scenes in any given episode to be the ones featuring all the guys or just Sheldon/Penny. And the additions of AFF and Bernadette lessen the number of said scenes, which makes me find the show less funny.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think S1 or S2 would be my favourite, but its all so amazing - I love it so much! The Bath Gift Hypothesis is definitely my favourite episode, might have seen it a bit too much now though.
    I love that episode!!! Saw it for the first time recently

When AFF first joined I hated her, but I now really like her. Still not massively keen on Bernadette.

Am totally in love with Sheldon though :teehee:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    It took me ages to get this out of my head last time, but I love it so much that I regularly want to hear it again. So, I was very happy to catch the end of this ep today:

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It took me ages to get this out of my head last time, but I love it so much that I regularly want to hear it again. So, I was very happy to catch the end of this ep today:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-HBUodxaq8

Why does inserting this as a video not actually come up as a video? i did not choose insert link.
    Do it this way:

[ youtube ]**********[ /youtube ] *Closing the spaces on the brackets

Insert the youtube code for it instead of the *'s

The code can be found after the V= on the url link of the youtube vid. So for this it would be: t-HBUodxaq8
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    Do it this way:

[ youtube ]**********[ /youtube ] *Closing the spaces on the brackets

Insert the youtube code for it instead of the *'s

The code can be found after the V= on the url link of the youtube vid. So for this it would be: t-HBUodxaq8

Therefore:

• 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised that for some reason, even though I swear I've posted in here before, I hadn't actually joined the society. So yeah. I have, now.

The way America show their TV really annoys me. Each week, on a Saturday, I watch the newest episode of TBBT online. But lately, they've been really irregular with their showing. There wasn't one on last week, and they're even worse with HIMYM.

Still not a fan of Bernadette, although I really like Amy now.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 31, 2014
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.