The Student Room Group

The Big Bang Theory Appreciation Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dhr90
Because we want to sit down with our family in front of the tv instead of cramped around a PC?

Yeah, The Big Bang Theory is one of the only US comedies my family all watch together (Modern Family being the other one) so I wait for it to be on TV to watch it with them. :smile:
I usually watch it with my grandad, but since S7 finished, I've been watching it online xD

Original post by TroyAndAbed
Yeah, The Big Bang Theory is one of the only US comedies my family all watch together (Modern Family being the other one) so I wait for it to be on TV to watch it with them. :smile:

Do you have never watched the Big Bang theory alone? just with your family? does it make more fun?
Original post by Kallisto
Do you have never watched the Big Bang theory alone? just with your family? does it make more fun?

I'll watch it on my own if it's just on E4 or whatever. It's not like it's some sacred thing I only do with my family; it's just nice to watch the new episodes together. :smile:
I'll watch it on my own if it's just on E4 or whatever. It's not like it's some sacred thing I only do with my family; it's just nice to watch the new episodes together. :smile:

I would love to know what is soo good at the big bang theory in your parent's view. Is it th immature behaviour of Sheldon Cooper? or the nerdy appearance of the protagonists?
Original post by Kallisto
I would love to know what is soo good at the big bang theory in your parent's view. Is it th immature behaviour of Sheldon Cooper? or the nerdy appearance of the protagonists?

My mum got more into it when it became more Friends-esque. So if anything the heavier nerdiness of the early seasons put my mum off initially. & I'm not really sure why my dad likes it.
just watched a few old episodes on E4 :smile: such a nice friday activity
My mum got more into it when it became more Friends-esque. So if anything the heavier nerdiness of the early seasons put my mum off initially. & I'm not really sure why my dad likes it.

To speak for myself, I like the big bang theory according to Sheldon's contrasts. In the one hand he is a very intelligent physicist, but in the other hand Sheldon is just able to speak in his own language and many technical terms and (unneccessary) foreign words. Plus he has a bad social interaction.
RIP

:rofl: Brilliant. The last couple of paragraphs about the text message really were the icing on the cake. I think I'd happily live with Sheldon instead of that person.

UK viewers, TBBT returns this Thursday on E4 :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dhr90
:rofl: Brilliant. The last couple of paragraphs about the text message really were the icing on the cake. I think I'd happily live with Sheldon instead of that person.

Posted from TSR Mobile

People who stream, it returned yesterday :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dhr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dunno *embarrassed* I thought it was all pretty normal for considerate people to live by, just you shouldn't have to write it down. Maybe id do terribly in a share house? Lol except family of course, they just have to make do with my weirdness!

Posted by 2013's Best Christmas Tree Winner, from TSR Mobile
I do love this show - but there are 2 things wrong with it:

1) Leonard, Howard and Raj are all nerds, right? But no (real-life), true nerd would EVER, EVER get laid, and yet all 3 of them have! And one of them is married!

I know this is a fictional comedy, and do have my tongue firmly in my cheek, but that would NEVER happen to a nerd in real life!!

2) Leonard has morphed into a sort of "no-longer-nerdy", self-confident "nerd", who doesn`t hold himself like someone who has no confidence with women (and who has slept with "Stephanie, Penny, Leslie Winkle, Raj`s sister, and has Frenched Alice, the comic book girl - again, completely unrealistic) - once a nerd, always a nerd!

Only Sheldon is as Nerdtastic as ever, a person who is still completely mystified and vaguely frightened by the female form!

Bring back the nerdiness!!!

(for me, the best episide is the Bath item Gift Hypothesis)
(edited 9 years ago)
Just watched the new episode, does anybody else think Johny's put on a "little" holiday weight? Its all I could see for the entire episode.
Original post by And then...
Just watched the new episode, does anybody else think Johny's put on a "little" holiday weight? Its all I could see for the entire episode.

Wasn`t very funny either - i hate to say it, but i think the Big Bang may have come to the natural end of it`s life...

(yeah, i did think even in the previous series he looked a bit "flabby")
(edited 9 years ago)
Leonard Nimoy RIP
I stopped watching after 4 episodes of season 8. I don't even miss it,dunno why I watched it in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest