The Student Room Group

The Big Bang Theory Appreciation Society

Scroll to see replies

Jennie1987
Lol!!! Then on the obsessed one he starts to go through it all again for a free meal!

I have a theory, or I get the impression at least, that Sheldon is supposed to be a parody of the android Mr. Data from Star Trek The Next Generation. Comments?
Reply 21
Saruken
Have you seen the episode where that girl is obsessed with him?
And the one where he goes out with Raj's date?

Leonard asks if he's going to see her again and he says:

"Why would I see her again? I already have a dentist."

yeps! seen them all! Id so be the crazy obsessed girl! haha!
Kiyoko
yeps! seen them all! Id so be the crazy obsessed girl! haha!

Me too! OMG: BBT fans! I thought I was the only one! :o:
Reply 23
Kiyoko
haha well, i know its not weird, just thought id better say it was in case you all thought i was a freak! He's so funny! tho i share his opinions on his 'spot'.. i have a spot... and its mine! All mine!

I've not seen the interview! is it on youtube by chance?!:smile:

It probably is on Youtube - isnt everything?? Im in my spot right now...to be fair its a 2 seater sofa but I sit on one side and stuff I accumilate throughout the day goes on the other lol and I have stuff about food like I will only eat jacket potato with tuna mayonnaise because I dont like it any other way and cucumber cut into quarters on the side. To be fair I would eat with or without cucumber and I just prefer in quarters and on the side but im comparing myself with sheldon if I did have to have all those things Id still be the more normal person lol.
Jennie1987
Lol!!! Then on the obsessed one he starts to go through it all again for a free meal!

Haha, that was brilliant! :biggrin:
Reply 25
Saruken
I have a theory, or I get the impression at least, that Sheldon is supposed to be a parody of the android Mr. Data from Star Trek The Next Generation. Comments?

So sorry not a trekky which is bad to admit because I love Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock :biggrin:
Saruken

Possibly. There are definately similarities.
Reply 27
Jennie1987
It probably is on Youtube - isnt everything?? Im in my spot right now...to be fair its a 2 seater sofa but I sit on one side and stuff I accumilate throughout the day goes on the other lol and I have stuff about food like I will only eat jacket potato with tuna mayonnaise because I dont like it any other way and cucumber cut into quarters on the side. To be fair I would eat with or without cucumber and I just prefer in quarters and on the side but im comparing myself with sheldon if I did have to have all those things Id still be the more normal person lol.

To be fair i think Sheldon could 'out weird' the best of them! haha I love the episode where he's feuding with Penny and she calls his mother! and the one where he tries to learn to drive! reminds me of my sister who's immensely clever but just cannot get her head around driving! :woo:
Reply 28
Kiyoko
To be fair i think Sheldon could 'out weird' the best of them! haha I love the episode where he's feuding with Penny and she calls his mother! and the one where he tries to learn to drive! reminds me of my sister who's immensely clever but just cannot get her head around driving! :woo:

Lol I love when Leonard looks over and is like 'How did you manage to get on the second story of the shopping centre' lol and there IS a logical explanation. And the mum thing 'with great power, comes great responsibility' and "I don't think Jesus would be concerned with this! OK, I don't know what Jesus would consider important, but..."
Reply 29
This is a lot of fun but I must retire for the evening so as much as I know I cant control people I suggest we leave this until tomorrow lol but really its just cos I hate missing things
wooooo! a BBT appreciation society!

i go to bed.... and look what i miss out on. Admitedly i was watching the Maternal Capitance which is an episode i would highly recommend.... very funny.
Reply 31
Darn it. And I was just starting to get excited.

Birmingham AAB Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology.

lol
The Big Bang Theory is one of the only few comedies that I've sat there and not even managed to smile at a single bit. Absolute crap humour for people who think they're academic. All the lads at my school who liked it were goons...
GodspeedGehenna
I love the part on the episode where sheldon sneaks into Penny's apartment while she's sleeping to tidy up..

Sheldon in really deep voice: "If you have time to lean you have time to clean"

"...and that immediately adjacent to the hallway was...THIS." :biggrin:
Reply 34
I disagree about the whole 'people only like it because it makes them feel intellectually superior' because its just a situational comedy, thats whats funny. Their inability to conform with certain social norms, the messes they get themselves into (Mars Rover anyone?) and the little nuances like 'KNOCK - Penny? KNOCK - Penny? KNOCK - Penny?' even when she opens the door early he cant let go of the routine lol.
Anyone know when the season 2 DVD comes out?
I absolutely love this show, my favourite by far. Finally there's a show about Geeks :woo: and the humour is just so unique not the typical american sitcom comedy stuff. Also, Kaley Cuoco a.k.a Penny is hot :yep: I dont follow channel 4 though they are like 8-9 episodes delayed.
Ramadulla
Aah, I wanna watch that.
Any catchups links? Appreciated! :smile:

This is the main one I use, it's usually pretty reliable. :yep:

http://www.tvduck.com/The-Big-Bang-Theory.html
Reply 38
doggyfizzel
Anyone know when the season 2 DVD comes out?

Id say Autumn as its only just started but if you read back through this thread itll say some places online to view the episodes. But wed like to say we are IN NO WAY CONDONING THE ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD OF ENTERTAINMENT MATERIAL lol cover all our backs.

Found This:

'The first series finished airing, in America, in May of 2008. The Region 1 DVD release followed on September the 2nd of the same year. With the Region 2 release following on the 12th of January 2009.

The current second series is still being shown in America, with the next episode the air on March 30th. They say they'll be at least 22 episodes in this series, so the programme should finish airing about 3 weeks later, give or take. So about the end of April. '
Reply 39
Xenomorph v2.1
I absolutely love this show, my favourite by far. Finally there's a show about Geeks :woo: and the humour is just so unique not the typical american sitcom comedy stuff. Also, Kaley Cuoco a.k.a Penny is hot :yep: I dont follow channel 4 though they are like 8-9 episodes delayed.

Ah another fan, we need to get as many as poss to be approved as a society.

Quick Reply