The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Student life and accomodation at UCL

Got an offer from UCL and just wondering what the social life is actually like; obviously its London but what does UCL have to offer for the socia life...what events does it run etc?

And also Ive put an £80 limit on my accomodation and I wrote that I wanted self-catered and a single room.....What is the chances of me getting this, and what am I likely to get?

Thanks a lot!
Reply 1
rsjevans
Got an offer from UCL and just wondering what the social life is actually like; obviously its London but what does UCL have to offer for the socia life...what events does it run etc?

And also Ive put an £80 limit on my accomodation and I wrote that I wanted self-catered and a single room.....What is the chances of me getting this, and what am I likely to get?

Thanks a lot!

unfortunately quite slim, it does state that if u choose self catered the chances are u WILL share.

My cousin is there now and its a blast!!!! UoL uninion is right outside ur doorstep with its bars plus UCL's, and its a short journey to all of the other UoL's colleges and their bars.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I've put self-catered as my preference, and catered as my 2nd choice. I've put my highest priority as a single room (and my weekly limit at £105).

Does this mean that I'm more likely to get a single catered room than a shared self-catered room?
Reply 3
Wings_cp
unfortunately quite slim, it does state that if u choose self catered the chances are u WILL share.

No way! I only know one person who shares, and that's only because she set her limit really low (ie £60)
Reply 4
rsjevans

Thanks a lot!

Depends wer ur from...if ur outside london, then you'll probably easily get it...Cambell house, astor, arthur tats, shafe,,,,,all fall under ur budget. :smile:
Reply 5
what other stuff besides bars? True, there're plays to catch and art galleries, museums etc but they all cost a fortune... a fortune I'm not so sure I want to blow away just yet during my undergrad studies... so, anything good besides the bars?
Reply 6
Most of the Art galleries are free, and you can get theatre tickets with a student discount a few hours before the performance for around £10 in the seats usually around £40. London's as expensive as you make it.
This is really stupid of me, but i kind of have a dillema whether to put "am willing to share with a smoker" or not... Actually i dont know if it will make any difference in relation to the people with which i am going to live with, i mean, here in Greece everybody smokes and the majority of those who do not tend to be geeks or something like that. I am not a smoker, and i do not say that whoever is is a geek or conservative or whatever, but what is the case regarding students studying in UK unis? Is my choice on declaring "dont want to share with smoker" decrease the possibillity of living with people that, for example, do not mind bringing in drinks, music etc?
I hope what i say is not misunderstood by many....and i know it's kind of stupid

Thanks in advance
Reply 8
if you end up having a double room where you do share, then admittedly saying you don't want to share with a smoker may decrease your chances.

however, some halls do not allow smoking in rooms at all, so this might balance that problem out, and i guess ultimately non-smoker's certainly don't want the smell, or the general foulness in their place of rest...

i'm sure it won't be a serious problem in the greater sense

Latest

Trending

Trending