The Student Room Group

How are you revising?

Or, how do you plan on revising?

I want to start early, and have begun with going through the book, making notes that are better than the rough ones from lessons, and doing questions.

We haven't been taught everything yet, and the last section to learn (PR for salters...) has to be done in 4 weeks (next two weeks are off for holiday, exam 4 weeks or so after then)

This means I can't complete all questions in past papers which is annoying, but I'm going through some anyway.

So, how do you revise? Any tips?
Reply 1
I tend to do just do a past paper and mark it, then work on the worst areas by making notes and flow diagrams. Then do another past paper and so on. Obviously you can't do all of a paper but maybe you could just miss bits out.
You're starting already! Woah.
Reply 3
Brianstorm91
You're starting already! Woah.

Hardly, theres 4 or 5 weeks until the first exams now. Better to start soon so that you don't have to cram in alot of revision nearer the time. Less stressful that way.
Reply 4
I'm making colourful revision notes that just have the minimum information requred.
I leanr better with colourful things that are pretty to look at haha :P
I'm also going through past papers and seeing what i can't do then trying to learn to do it lol.
I am AWFUL at chemistry :frown:
Reply 5
I have three years worth of chemistry to stuff into my head... so I can win virtually any revision competition around here :biggrin:
Reply 6
I'm going through the book atm and rewriting all my notes. Then I'll condense, make posters and shizz and then past papers, past papers, past paper!
I plan to use a few techniques:
- Making notes from books
- Condensing info in notes onto cards
- Creating posters and then sticking them up all over the house
- Talking someone through a topic/idea and getting them to ask questions (I find this really useful but it might not work for some subjects)
- Past papers
Reply 8
a week before :frown: I have to do all my research and write a 15000 dissertation in between 1st May :frown: *help*
Reply 9
Understand topics then do past papers or questions to see if I actually do understand it. Never the case but it always helps you to eventually and finally understand things.
I'm doing Nuffield Chemistry course so I'm basically going to write up the my own version of each of the 3 Nuffield Units Revision guide and the last 100 pages or so of the textbook, and doing past paper questions of course.
Reply 11
I think Im going to do a past paper. Mark it... then go over the parts that I can't do. Then repeat.

Hopefully I'll manage to cover all bases... =|

Latest