The Student Room Group

Teeside or imperial mechanical engineering?

Im pretty stuck here with my decision:confused: :eek: , i dont know which uni is better for mechanical engineering, i mean i know imperial as that reputation of being the best at engineering but in the guaridain university ranking teeside was rated the best.

and out of the two which has the better social life.... because from imperial im gettin mixed reviews some say its absolutely anti social and no one goes out clubbin, whereas others say the opposite... and with teeside no one mentions anythin.... sooo....duno what to do:s-smilie:

please help:smile:
Reply 1
Teeside definately :wink:
lol, there really is no contest. imperial is a better uni, with a better rep worldwide not just in the guardian.

sure, there are a lot of antisocial people here that just want to get on with work, but they're in the minority. out of a university with thousands of students, it's so easy to find other people that like the same things as you.

then there's the location. how many decent clubs do you think there are in london compared to teeside? for one, we have matter.
Reply 3
Teeside is incredible for mechanical engineering, plus the people are talkative and the the life expectancy is almost the same as that of cold-war Siberian miners.
Reply 4
anuj92
Im pretty stuck here with my decision:confused: :eek: , i dont know which uni is better for mechanical engineering, i mean i know imperial as that reputation of being the best at engineering but in the guaridain university ranking teeside was rated the best.

and out of the two which has the better social life.... because from imperial im gettin mixed reviews some say its absolutely anti social and no one goes out clubbin, whereas others say the opposite... and with teeside no one mentions anythin.... sooo....duno what to do:s-smilie:

please help:smile:

no obviously teeside is better :rolleyes:

+ up north vs. London. Need I say more?
Reply 5
Teeside every single day of my life. One of the best universities in the country + very popular worldwide!
Reply 6
please dont tell me you used Guardian tables to pick your unis! although im pleased that Manchester for civil (my course in september), is ranked 2nd, the moment is spoiled because the Guardians tables are about as credible as a compulsive liar. most tables are for engineering. if you have an Imperial offer, and go to Teeside instead, i would suffocate you myself. Imperial is the best choice.
Reply 7
Richiboi
please dont tell me you used Guardian tables to pick your unis! although im pleased that Manchester for civil (my course in september), is ranked 2nd, the moment is spoiled because the Guardians tables are about as credible as a compulsive liar. most tables are for engineering. if you have an Imperial offer, and go to Teeside instead, i would suffocate you myself. Imperial is the best choice.

why are you misleading the guy ;/ he should definitely go to teeside.
Reply 8
We (Teesside) have a very good Student Union, guaranteed great nights out on a budget. The campus is very close-knit aswell, and everyone's bloody friendly :smile: And sometimes this man dresses up as a pig, stands outside the library and gives you a hug on your way in. You know what on reflection that sounds dodgy...
Reply 9
Ignore the league table and consult the Times one if you want to use tables. Otherwise, go visit them both, then you'll get a feel for them both.

And just cos it's called Teeside, it is basically Middlesborough, which compared to anywhere else, is crap!
Reply 10
Teeside vs Imperial? Are u having a laugh?

Cant believe people take league tables so seriously!
Reply 11
if u have an offer from Imperial, i find it actually horribly difficult to understand why this discussion is taking place in the first place. academically its much stronger, and the only reason ppl say its antisocial is because you get worked like a dog.
Reply 12
Why are you asking such stupid questions. This is utterly rediculous - the amount of people who have offers from Imperial on here and wondering whether they should go somewhere else instead. Fair enough if the other uni was a decent one! But Teeside?

Latest

Trending

Trending