The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Higher Maths Grade Boundaries

Any ideas?
I know that in 2006, the boundaries for this exam were something ridiculous like 19% for a C, and less than half to get an A.
But they've taken away Intermediate tier since then, so i'm not sure what the grade boundaries will be like for this exam...:confused:
Okay, I can probably help you on this since I'm doing Edexcel Maths.

As far as I know, the Edexcel Linear Maths used to be fairly tricky, and so the exam board generally set low targets for people to get an A*, generally in the region of 75%. Recently, however, they have changed this by making the grade boundaries higher and the standards of the questions lower. As a result, for my mocks I found myself doing a dead easy paper, but where the boundary for an A* was around 85%.

Well, I think that answers most of your questions. To play it safe, you'd probably best prepare yourself for the older spec as it will give you more than the skills required to get a very good mark on this one, and there are plenty of materials for those tests besides. This is what I'm doing at the moment.
Reply 2
Boundaries are set AFTER the exam in an attempt to ensure consistency year by year. So they can change.

You will be the first to take the 2 tier without coursework spec so there are no previous exams to directly compare with. In the 2008 2 tier with coursework exams the boundaries on the paoers (ie. excluding the coursework component) were approx:
A* 85%
A 70%
B 52%
C 33%
Reply 3
our teacher told us 90% was an A*
Reply 4
Will the grade boundaries change massively for the 2012 maths edexcel GCSE exam? what percentage would a grade C be approximately? Also, the functional skills exam.
Reply 5
Original post by shivangee
our teacher told us 90% was an a*

no, he/she probably lied. The need to keep it consistent, so i belibe its probably 85 or 80 or 70%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending