The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
=)
Im starting an Access course in September (with 4 children at home - one boy at school, one boy at nursery and two baby girls) it will be difficult, i dont doubt it, but i really cant wait to get stuck in.
Fortunately i have my husband to help, and the mother in law. I will also make full use of the colleges day nursery for the girls.

Have you enquired about the childcare facilities on site?

Good luck!
You can do them over 1 or 2 years, you have to be 19+ for at least 1 year or as other people have said in other threads, younger but over 2 years.

Many people choose this option if they have kids, been out of education. Its a lot better then A'levels i feel because of the way lectures come across to you.

Its more flexible for people with kids, which is why many people with kids take this options. Its sets you up more for uni
Did the course work out ok?worried about starting mine!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 24
nikki smith

Dont worry!. I did an access course and while it was a little intense study wise, I managed to do it along side working part time and being a mum.My tutors were supportive too.

You will be fine, I promise :smile:
Reply 25
I guess you should ask for some more details of the course, as my access course had only 10 hours a week,while most of this kind of courses take 15 or 16 hours.

Ps. it is a full-time course and the majority of the students got 60 level 3 credit and 6 mandatory level 2 credits
Reply 26
nikki smith

Yes, it was really changed me so glad i have done it. There were a few gliches here and there but on the whole it everything seemed to go very smoothly. I'd definitely encourage all single mothers out there to just go for it!
Starting uni in 5 weeks!
Which access course did u do? i'm hoping to do social work could do with loads of advice regarding modules etc xxx
@ nikki smith - call the college/uni where you are doing the access course about what the modules are and what background you could do.

As its Social work i'm guessing theres going to be some law, psychology, sociology involved so why not do some AS/A'level reading in the mean time.

I did a Access to Health Sciences with modules in Biology, Health studies and study skills 2years ago and got onto the degree at the university where i did my access course.

Latest

Trending

Trending