The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Macfarlanes

i applied for a vacation scheme with macfarlanes in february and i still haven't heard back from them? however, on my online account, it says that my application is still 'under consideration'. do you think that they have forgotten to update it or are they really leaving decisions until this late? i don't want to badger them by continually asking when they'll make a final decision!
Reply 1
Hmm...I get the feeling they have finished making offers for vac schemes now, but I could be wrong. Good luck either way.
I'd ring. They've been doing ACs for quite some time, and I got PFO'd a few weeks back. My only one pre interview, so I wonder what I did 'wrong' as far as they were concerned. I imagine they're competitive though.
Reply 3
I haven't heard either and online tracking has same thing. All but written it off to be honest. Either they've forgotten to issue the PFOs or they're waiting in case the yield from the assessment centres don't meet expectations.

Please could you post back on here if you do decide to contact them?

Also someone posted about interview at Macs on rollonfriday. You could try asking them when they applied/got interview invite.
Reply 4
PFO'd today. particularly high number of applications this year etc.
Reply 5
The post about Macs on ROF was regarding TC, for which they operate rolling recruitment. Don't be disheartened - they had less places for VS this year and if you like the firm I don't think a rejection for VS counts against a TC app.
Reply 6
Don't be disheartened - they had less places for VS this year and if you like the firm I don't think a rejection for VS counts against a TC app.

thanks for the encouragement. I've decided to defer myself and apply for 2012 TCs!

Latest

Trending

Trending