The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because we love our parents more than women do.
Reply 2
Cuz they'm losers lol.
Reply 3
they secretly fancy their mothers.
Reply 4
because women move in with the men with houses
squeak

no reference to Freud then :p:
I live with my mum because I can't afford to live on my own, with the money I'm on. She's also a widow (actually been widowed 3 times) so I feel obliged to stay with her and look after her as all of my brothers have left home.
Reply 7
Because men tend to have a greater affection for home cooking made by their mummies.

In my family, it was mixed. My older sister lived at home til she was 24, whereas the middle one moved out for uni at 16, and I did the same at 17. However us younger ones have returned for various periods.
Reply 8
Because they are Mummy's boys.
Reply 9
Oedipus Complex.
Reply 10
becuz men like their parents more..
Reply 11
because men are lazy
Reply 12
Cause we love our mummy's
It might be more about the fact that young men today seem to be having a confidence crisis. Suicide rates are also higher in young men than women. Because of the whole liberation of women this has caused other problems, young men cannot find their 'role' in society anymore, because it is no longer clear.
Reply 14
CCJ
because men are lazy

this.

also, generally sons are given more freedom than daughters, as parents are more worried about their little girls being safe etc, so lots of women want to move out so then can get away from their parents anxiousness/interference/intrudence/control/etc in/over their social lifes... whereas men wouldn't have this issue, so wouldn't feel a need to leave as early.... maybe?
Reply 15
elsa_89
Perhaps it's because parents tend to be more protective of their daughters so girls move away to get more freedom, whereas boys' level of freedom is the same either way so they are less desperate to move out. That's my guess anyway.

wheyyyyyyyyy! great mind think alike eh? :yep:
Reply 16
Women tend to go for older men. Older men are more likely to have their own home they can move into.
L i b
Because men tend to have a greater affection for home cooking made by their mummies.

In my family, it was mixed. My older sister lived at home til she was 24, whereas the middle one moved out for uni at 16, and I did the same at 17. However us younger ones have returned for various periods.

:ditto:

Nothing beats my mum's home cooking. I'm so used to the taste. :coma:
I would think it's because the majority of men don't have the required independent household skills i.e. cooking cleaning, as much as the majority of girls do.
Reply 19
squeak

Well when she's wearing that tight skirt and bends over...

Latest