The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well done :smile:
(No idea what RTS is):

Congrats!!!! :smile:
well done

where's your first posting? ( respecting Opsec and persec ! if necessary)
Reply 4
Bubbles*de*Milo
(No idea what RTS is):

Congrats!!!! :smile:

I think RTS is recruit training school, not sure though

and congrats =]
Reply 5
Congrats..now the hard work starts :tongue:
Reply 6
Well done, Nursey!

How were you injured? :-(
Well done.
Reply 8
Congratulations! Keep up the good work
Reply 9
Now you get to be a proper PMRAFN with a lovely hat!! Good luck and if you get posted to TPMH look me up.
Reply 10
:woo: Well Done!!
Well done that is awesome, bet your be glad to have a rest and a break before you next stop!! :smile:
Reply 12
Big thumbs up hunny well done! :yep:
Congratulations.
Nice one :smile: good luck with the rest of your training :biggrin:
Reply 15
We nailed the March Past :smile:
xxRAFNurse2bxx
Hey Y'all

I am FINALLY Graduating from RAF Halton today! :biggrin:
I am Injured which isn't too great, but never mind!

Thank you to those who helped me get here, before, during and after.. you know who you are!!! Even though I STILL don't know who some of you are! :rolleyes:

Maybe you will reveal yourselves today??? :wink:

See you 'Out there'

Nursie xx

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Well done and congratulations!! Good luck with the rest of your training and you might have to start thinking about changing your user name!!
Thanks guys! Im at the MHDU I was hoping for! Such a change of life within 24hours of leaving RTS! - JNCO, Staff Nurse, Single Room.. I could go on and on! Worth 'playing the game' for at RTS!

Sadly I didn't enjoy RTS as much as I would have liked. The course itself was ok. IFPT was AMAZING! But other aspects weren't so great. I put that down to me having different life experiences etc to most of the others and them not being able to understand that! I personally don't think RTS is the right training environment for qualified nurses but its what I had to do to get where I am now!

I am trying to move onwards and literally upwards from here on!

I have some stand down atm and then i'll be hitting the wards!! Visited it today.. I cannot WAIT!!

x
Reply 18
xxRAFNurse2bxx
Thanks guys! Im at the MHDU I was hoping for! Such a change of life within 24hours of leaving RTS! - JNCO, Staff Nurse, Single Room.. I could go on and on! Worth 'playing the game' for at RTS!

Sadly I didn't enjoy RTS as much as I would have liked. The course itself was ok. IFPT was AMAZING! But other aspects weren't so great. I put that down to me having different life experiences etc to most of the others and them not being able to understand that! I personally don't think RTS is the right training environment for qualified nurses but its what I had to do to get where I am now!

I am trying to move onwards and literally upwards from here on!

I have some stand down atm and then i'll be hitting the wards!! Visited it today.. I cannot WAIT!!

x

Well good luck! sorry to hear abt RTS but good to know it wasnt all bad. I got in for student staff nurse :biggrin:, i may just meet/work with you someday
Naigan
Well done, Nursey!

How were you injured? :-(

Im not entirely sure tbh. It wasn't just one incident but generally just being on the Regiment/Ped phases of the course caused me to have very bad back & groin pain. More weight than I have ever carried (even though we don't carry as much as people used to), Ped - I really pushed myself more than most in weight sessions and perhaps a bit too much? When I thought I had DOMS, this was perhaps the beginning of my injury and I just fought through it.. and just generally over-did it really!

The main problem was on CPT when I got spasms in my back and couldn'y carry my jet sacks/webbing for a few hours. But I took painkillers, gritted my teeth and got through it! I was very lucky that i'd put in the effort pre-halton to pass the full RAFFT on day 40. If i hadn't I could have been on RTS for months on McTeague/RDF!

I was on crutches for a bit.. but they exhausted me and because I was following the flt around a lot, this caused me to sprain my rib :rolleyes:

So.... now I am off them and just need to continue with some physio/rehab/painkillers/heat packs etc!

Nurses really are terrible pt's. I have been really frustrated with the injury. I have never been injured before! Nor had I ever had a Chest Infection and had TWO bad ones during my time at RTS! :rolleyes:

Bet you wish you hadn't asked no huh? Im waffling!! :o:

At the end of the day. Work hard.. but be careful. Look after yourself! x
x

Latest