The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
literally about 30 seconds. it's like... ok, head down... pen to paper... c'mon mat you're doing well!!

ok reaaaaaad... reaaaaaddd.... ok good you've read the question... now think brain, think think think *at this stage start thumping the table*... GOT IT, YES, GET IN!!

now pen needs to go back to paper, hand move, good hand, ok fantastic...

question 1,a done... now I can go and take a 30 minute break.

>_>
Reply 21
There have been times when I have had to sit around 6 hours straight and studied, but later on I noticed that I learnt faster and understood more in-depth if I divided it up into an hour or two with 5 - 10 minute breaks in between before continuing with another one to two hours of studying.
I can do two, but should only really do one as my productivity drops a lot after the first hour or so.

It also depends how much pressure I'm under.
I hate revision and really struggle to motivate myself to do it. At A Level, I didn't do any until the morning of the exams (even the night before I kept thinking "oh there is plenty of time"). So, I got up around 4am (for morning exams, a few hours later for afternoon exams) and did around 3 hours straight revision before dashing to college. I need the pressure to be able to focus. Otherwise, it is a waste of time. :smile:
Tech
literally about 30 seconds. it's like... ok, head down... pen to paper... c'mon mat you're doing well!!

ok reaaaaaad... reaaaaaddd.... ok good you've read the question... now think brain, think think think *at this stage start thumping the table*... GOT IT, YES, GET IN!!

>_>

and you do medicine.
Reply 25
2-3 hours without any breaks.
Tech

>_>

Same here. Though today it was I will do revision cards. I then found my AS ones and decided that counted
I've done several 6-7 hour sessions before.
I voted 1 - 2 hours...
Reply 29
Les than one hour. But revision is overrated, innit.
WANTED! - High Holborn
and you do medicine.

As will I and I am probably worse. Your point? if any.
Reply 31
vander Beth
I've done several 6-7 hour sessions before.

Wow.. go outside maybe??
Reply 32
crazylemon
As will I and I am probably worse. Your point? if any.

just thought it would rquire a few more hours thats all.
2 hours, I then have a half-hour break. I repeat a couple of more times before I either go crazy or get bored.

Most I ever managed was four, but that was because I lost track of the time as I was revising with a friend.
WANTED! - High Holborn
just thought it would rquire a few more hours thats all.

We arnt there yet, however if the med forum is anything to go by then even less will get done once there!
Reply 36
WANTED! - High Holborn
and you do medicine.

the questions are hard :biggrin:

believe me, when it really matters (ie in the week before the exam when they are the most important thing in my life) I will get it done. but in the mean time :p:

crazylemon
We arnt there yet, however if the med forum is anything to go by then even less will get done once there!

:biggrin:
Reply 37
About 20 minutes.
I do about 2-3 hours, maybe a 5min break to nip downstairs for a drink inbetween...
I'm not very good at concentrating and get bored revising, so I'd say about 1 hour. Maybe 2 max on a very very good day :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending