The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I've never done Grapics Communication.

But Product Design has a 70mark (50%) design folio which is fun to do! But it's very specific if that you need to include certain info to gain marks. Such as I think up to 10marks are awarded for types of sketches, 2 are awarded for one type, like 2point perspective. You have to include at least 5 to gain full marks in that area. You need to annotate quite a bit. Like the Art Design folio, but more details...

Then the question paper is about production and stuff which you'll learn. I done Craft and Design through SG so that helped me there rather than a straight crash.

It's really not that hard if you're good at design and remembering things.

Depending on what type of Art course you're doing at uni, one will help over the other.
Reply 2
Aaah.
I put on my form that I would do Graph comm, which would mean crashing or possibly sitting int2.
However because I've taken higher art this year I would be fine to take product design at higher.
Now I'm having second thoughts... I thing product design would be more use.
Aaah. I hate making decisions.

I think I might go see my guidance teache rand ask for a possible swap. Depends on coloums though...
Reply 3
I started off doing crash higher graph com at the start of the year, also after getting an A in Art so thought it would be so easy but i have no patience with computers as a lot of the stuff you had to draw with CAD, and with no past experience i struggled so dropped it. At the time i was planning on a career in Fine Art or Architecture which would have been handy.
Reply 4
CAD is so annoying lol! I wasn't really great at it due to the dimensions I used! grrrrrrr!

It is possible. Hell even I gotta B lol! I also took Art at the same time last year :smile:

It's not terribly demanding tbh! I forgot to say in the final folio you only have 10hours to so it in!!! (dunno if your school seperates or will do it in blocks, last year ours were per period and this year they done 2 full days of continuous.)

The theory isn't very demanding either, just remember and it's fine! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending