The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No they don't, but if they do, they are nice folk aren't they :smile:
No obligation. Let the stupid be stupid.
Reply 22
comicbookgirl
I believe we all have a moral responsibility to help people - I don't know what that has to do with being intelligent! I doubt that people who are more intelligent are better able to help people!

Okay, maybe I've not best explained what I mean. From what I've seen, it appears that often those that are seen as intelligent are sometimes pressured into giving help to others by teachers and by those asking help. So from there stems the question, is there really a moral responsibility or is there just pressure from those who are unable to learn to a higher standard?
No, intelligent people are generally already walked all over, used, and treated like crap.
Morality isn't about intelligence or reason; it's about shared emotion.
TheMeister
Okay, maybe I've not best explained what I mean. From what I've seen, it appears that often those that are seen as intelligent are sometimes pressured into giving help to others by teachers and by those asking help. So from there stems the question, is there really a moral responsibility or is there just pressure from those who are unable to learn to a higher standard?

There's no absolute moral responsibility in that case - it's just nice to do so :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending