The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

MSB
Oh. How odd.

He is very, very odd.

What makes the whole thing even weirder (as well as him being an admin on that group) is that I heard from a pretty reliable source that he doesn't like immigrants... :s-smilie:
Reply 2101
The plot thickens. Let's write to the Mail.
MSB

:rofl:
Reply 2103
This is weird... having no work is actually beginning to get to me.
Reply 2104
The_Lonely_Goatherd
He is very, very odd.

What makes the whole thing even weirder (as well as him being an admin on that group) is that I heard from a pretty reliable source that he doesn't like immigrants... :s-smilie:

Does not liking immigration mean you're racist? I imagine it would be a reasonable indicator.
Reply 2105
MSB

I wouldn't bother; they can't read.
Reply 2106
MSB

I'd have thought the Mail would secretly approve of Tory racism.
Reply 2107
I'm not even sure they'd be that secret about it :rolleyes:
Bekaboo
*Sighs* The sucky thing about singing in a choir that was really far too good to give you a clerkship in the first place, is that when irritatingly fantastic sopranos from Queens decide to hang about after finals they have a habit of trying to fire you. I stood my ground at Easter and we both sung, but it seems that during the Long Vac she's won. :frown:

PS May have swine flu

I'm going on holiday if you'd like to be a bass for three weeks.

Get well soon!
Reply 2109
cpchem
I'm not even sure they'd be that secret about it :rolleyes:

Nah they have to be. Their favourite sort of story is one about a member of an ethnic minority countering what they see as undesirable traits in other ethnic minorities because then they don't look racist. Best example I can think of is a very approving article the paper has about an ethnic minority post office manager refusing to allow people to be served unless they spoke English.
Teebs
Does not liking immigration mean you're racist? I imagine it would be a reasonable indicator.

Not necessarily but depending on why one doesn't like it and how one expresses it, it can be a fairly good indicator, yes :s-smilie:

How's freedom, Mr. Teebs? :smile:
cpchem
This is weird... having no work is actually beginning to get to me.

That's such a fail. You should relish it. Go punting everyday. Order comic books up to the Bod. Run round your quads screaming "I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"!

:lolwut:

:getmecoat:
I remember a friend whom we had to teach to waste time again after his finals/
Had such drama getting our first years off to their first written exam in the Exams Schools this morning. Took a lot of effort and serious power walking but managed to get all of them there with pink carnations and Bod cards, just about! :smile:
Sounds like an interesting story... and I'm bored... and fluey (and in school... waiting for my charge to appear from the doctors). Tell?
Basically the first years all agreed to meet in the Lodge at 9am and head to the Exams Schools together. I was meant to buy the carnations yesterday but was too busy sitting in the sunshine, so I got up this morning and charge out to buy some. Bump into E, who doesn't have enough pens and is going to Smiths to buy some more :rolleyes:

Back in college, the three other first years meet up only to realise that M hasn't got his Bod card/didn't know he was meant to bring it :rolleyes: He goes off to retrieve it and promptly goes AWOL. After waiting a while, the other two decide to leave because they don't want to be late. They bump into my college hubbie and tell him that M has gone AWOL, so he rushes off to find him.

Up til this point, I'm pretty much oblivious and trying to pin a carnation onto E and reassure him that he's not going to fail. I phone T and K who don't pick up, so phone M who says he's making his way to the Lodge (this is about 9.10 and I'm thinking "WTF! POWERWALK!":eek: ). I presume the other two are waiting for him, so think all is well. T & K then appear with a choir friend, so I accost them with carnations and ask where M is. They don't know :rolleyes: and dash off with E. M then appears 3 minutes later with my hubbie and starts flapping about how to put his carnation on. It's past 9.15am at this point, so we tell him to stop flapping and powerwalk him down Cornmarket and up the High Street. K (in the meantime) nearly gets knocked over by a cyclist :rolleyes:, then K, T and E bump into our Director of Music and so we're able to catch up with then. Then we thought M didn't have his mortar borard (M is still flapping about his carnation as well). Eventually got them there, just about in time!

First years these days :rolleyes:

:p:
Reply 2116
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Not necessarily but depending on why one doesn't like it and how one expresses it, it can be a fairly good indicator, yes :s-smilie:

How's freedom, Mr. Teebs? :smile:

Freedom is nice. Yesterday I slept late, sent most of my stuff home with my dad, went to a barbecue with the Labour Club (sadly the Lib Dems didn't have one on), played football for the first time since GCSEs and then spent two hours doing social dancing.
Teebs
Freedom is nice. Yesterday I slept late, sent most of my stuff home with my dad, went to a barbecue with the Labour Club (sadly the Lib Dems didn't have one on), played football for the first time since GCSEs and then spent two hours doing social dancing.

:woo: :danceboy: :woo: :danceboy: :woo: :danceboy: :woo: :danceboy: :woo: :danceboy: :woo: :danceboy: :woo:

You haven't played football for 5 years?! :lolwut:

:danceboy:
The_Lonely_Goatherd

Up til this point, I'm pretty much oblivious and trying to pin a carnation onto E and reassure him that he's not going to fail. I phone T and K who don't pick up, so phone M who says he's making his way to the Lodge (this is about 9.10 and I'm thinking "WTF! POWERWALK!":eek: ). I presume the other two are waiting for him, so think all is well. T & K then appear with a choir friend, so I accost them with carnations and ask where M is. They don't know :rolleyes: and dash off with E. M then appears 3 minutes later with my hubbie and starts flapping about how to put his carnation on. It's past 9.15am at this point, so we tell him to stop flapping and powerwalk him down Cornmarket and up the High Street. K (in the meantime) nearly gets knocked over by a cyclist :rolleyes:, then K, T and E bump into our Director of Music and so we're able to catch up with then. Then we thought M didn't have his mortar borard (M is still flapping about his carnation as well). Eventually got them there, just about in time!

How do you pin the carnations on?

:ninja:
Naranoc
How do you pin the carnations on?

:ninja:

I'm not entirely sure, tbh. I stuck the pin through the lapel, then through the carnation stem, then back into the lapel. Hope none of them stabbed themselves in the exam :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending