The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HoVis
I fear you probably have to have the shirt tucked in to go into the building, but you can probably untuck it when you sit down. :smile:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Good luck! :hugs:

Thanks, both of you!

I've actually discovered that tucking the shirt in makes it less painful, somehow. It must spread the waistband out and reduce the pressure, or something.
Reply 8641
Original post by LtCommanderData
Trivial question, but my first mods exam is tomorrow and I'm just checking I'm all ready...

Do I have to tuck my shirt in? I only ask because I've gained some weight since matriculation (a summer diet is impending - cheaper than a new bloody suit), and these trousers are painfully tight as it is.

Also, good luck to everyone else in the thread with exams!

And to those who've finished... I kinda hate you, but I promise it's only until next Wednesday :smile:.

Best of luck! One of my friends is a MathCompSci starting today, who found out yesterday that he has reasonably sever tonsilitis. So don't sit downwind of him?
Original post by LtCommanderData
Thanks, both of you!

I've actually discovered that tucking the shirt in makes it less painful, somehow. It must spread the waistband out and reduce the pressure, or something.

I totally had this problem with gaining weight...damn you formal hall 6 nights a week!
Original post by qwertyuiop1993
I totally had this problem with gaining weight...damn you formal hall 6 nights a week!

I beat everyone in the weight gaining dept; two pants sizes increased. :colonhash:
Reply 8644
So my revision is terrible, but I just bought a new bow tie for exams?
Original post by dbmag9
So my revision is terrible, but I just bought a new bow tie for exams?

Clearly a net gain then. :tongue:
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
I've just realised who you are! :hi:

must be off to Summertown now ...

:hi:
be careful... the north is a dangerous place...
So I've heard :tongue:

:tongue:

*resists temptation to mock Cornwall* :ninja:
Well done ... :tongue:

it was quite difficult...
1 down, 2 1/4 to go...
Aargh my hand really hurts....not looking forward to the final three exams which are all essay ones :frown:

Also, my pink carnation has died (that is to say I snapped it then stood on it :s-smilie:)
Reply 8651
Original post by qwertyuiop1993

Also, my pink carnation has died (that is to say I snapped it then stood on it :s-smilie:)

that doesn't sound like the best omen ever... :lolwut: :tongue:

sure you did fine :rolleyes:
What did you think of III? I thought sections A and B were ok, but I'd been intending to do Phèdre and then I realised I had no clue where the passage was from and couldn't contextualise it at all, so I had to do Godot and had no points to make.
(moan moan moan)

Il liked Phèdre (luckily I had read that bit the morning of the exam :s-smilie:) but my Baudelaire was a bit iffy.

Reall enjoyed paper IV though (Which probably means I did badly :P)

Original post by Frey
that doesn't sound like the best omen ever... :lolwut: :tongue:

sure you did fine :rolleyes:

Haha luckily someone got me a new one before the next exam!
Last exam tomorrow :yeah:
It seems really strange that after all this suddenly term will be over
Don't make me leave :frown:
Original post by pinkpenguin
Don't make me leave :frown:

My sentiments exactly :frown:

Though I'm not actually leaving until next week... :shifty:
Strange thing I've noticed. The three days' break I get before my final two exams, rather than motivating me to revise, is just allowing me the time to think back on all the stupid mistakes I made in the previous ones...I guess when you have exams over 4 consecutive days you're too busy to reflect too much...

I had hoped for a distinction but language, which is supposed to be my strong point, has been a minor disaster :frown:
Pre-3pm, already have drunk a bottle of cava (although some of it possibly in my hair), DONE
Original post by tuesday91
Pre-3pm, already have drunk a bottle of cava (although some of it possibly in my hair), DONE

Congrats on finishing :awesome: :banana: :yay: :woo: :cool: :danceboy:

:grouphugs: to all those who are leaving Oxford tomorrow :grouphugs:
Hail in June. I don't even.

If the weather wasn't just as bad in my homeland of Scotland right now, I'd be making a snide remark.

Latest

Trending

Trending