The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8860
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
TAB IN THE THREAD! TAB IN THE THREAD! :eek3: :fuhrer: :mob:

:ninja:

:getmecoat:

How are you, hun? How's married life? :biggrin:

PRSOM. :tongue: Speaking of rating, who negged my above post, and more to the point, why? :frown:

Married life is rather good! :biggrin: As is Tabland. :tongue: Although it's kind of like seeing 'throught a glass, darkly' - lots of things seems similar to Oxford, but the place is still sufficiently different to catch me by surprise. I haven't quite managed to fall in love with the place yet, which is an achievement, given that I walk into town via a gorgeous tree-lined path via the Backs... :colondollar:

How about you, TLG? What are you up to now? :smile:
Reply 8861
Original post by HoVis
PRSOM. :tongue: Speaking of rating, who negged my above post, and more to the point, why? :frown:

Married life is rather good! :biggrin: As is Tabland. :tongue: Although it's kind of like seeing 'throught a glass, darkly' - lots of things seems similar to Oxford, but the place is still sufficiently different to catch me by surprise. I haven't quite managed to fall in love with the place yet, which is an achievement, given that I walk into town via a gorgeous tree-lined path via the Backs... :colondollar:

The path that takes you past the UL over the steep-ish bridge to the back of Caius? It is rather nice... but it's still not Oxford!
Original post by HoVis

Oooh, sounds good. I'm glad you're enjoying life post-Finals. Sounds like there is a lot to explore and discover! :h:

I am currently in Sri Lanka on holiday. After that, what am I doing? Your guess is as good as mine :iiam: :p: :dontknow:

Sounds very interesting but too traditional-sounding ethnomusicology for my liking :p:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sounds very interesting but too traditional-sounding ethnomusicology for my liking :p:

Ah ok. I'm thinking of sending something in myself actually. :s-smilie:
Original post by The Lyceum
Ah ok. I'm thinking of sending something in myself actually. :s-smilie:

You should! :yep: :ahee: :yep:
Original post by HoVis
I once asked a barman in the Turf if they had any ciders on tap that weren't Old Rosey. He said that they had Strongbow. I fear I made a face that more or less communicated the message "you call that cider?" :tongue:

I'm quite small, so Old Rosey is just a bit too strong for me, but I do like ciders that actually have flavour. :redface:

Yes, OR is a bit strong, but far better than any of the stuff pubs usually have.. I personally like to buy Henney's when it's on special offer at Tesco's - I can make a mean sausage and cider casserole.

Whoever negged you is possibly a closet Strongbow lover - I wouldn't pay any attention.
This summer essay has become the bane of my life. Plus, my plan to sit in the Lower Camera all day tomorrow has been scuppered by a visit from a friend and the hope of large amounts of alcohol consumption.
Reply 8869
I have a 'warmup' problem sheet to remind me how to do maths, I have no desire to interact with it at all. On the plus side, Oxford Open Day on Friday (and a chance to get a swish new gown :h:).

Original post by Procrastinatius
This summer essay has become the bane of my life. Plus, my plan to sit in the Lower Camera all day tomorrow has been scuppered by a visit from a friend and the hope of large amounts of alcohol consumption.

The best kind of scuppering, at least.
Original post by Procrastinatius

I know! I got around 14.5% of the work done I needed to this summer. I think I spent more time calculating that one day than actually working... Jesus....
Original post by The Lyceum
I know! I got around 14.5% of the work done I needed to this summer. I think I spent more time calculating that one day than actually working... Jesus....

Yeah, the gap between reality and my neat little work timetable could fill a galaxy.

Original post by dbmag9
I have a 'warmup' problem sheet to remind me how to do maths, I have no desire to interact with it at all. On the plus side, Oxford Open Day on Friday (and a chance to get a swish new gown :h:).

Ah yeah, I'm working at my college's one, then doing the telethon.
Even when not in Oxford, procrastination is the bane of my life. I need to write a simple report, but researching Jewish New Year and taking photos of my homemade chicken soup for the blog is far more interesting...
Heading back to Oxford tomorrow! I'm very excited, even if the circumstances in which I'm returning aren't exactly the ones I anticipated a few weeks ago. Being back in Oxford will definitely make everything better :smile:
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
You know it's -1st week when you start getting ten emails a day again.

(and most of them are about things like Romanian classes :s-smilie:)

They should really get better filtering so we don't get stuff aimed at postgrads...

Did you get the email from Sophie Marnette? I'm quite apprehensive about Medieval...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
Yes, I did, and now I know who you are :beard: I can't go to the meeting though because I'm not getting to Oxford until that afternoon :mad: (my college husband and I decided we'd have a celibate relationship, so I've got no reason to be there for the first half of 0th week …)

I'm looking forward to it, but I think there's quite a lot I haven't noticed in the texts because of the extra layer of obscurity. Probably felt the same way about the paper III texts this time last year though but I don't really see how we're going to cover all of this in eight tutes

Oh how did you choose between the two Trinity people on the recipient list?

Yea there seems to be a massive amount to cover - they say we read less than the other periods due to the whole medieval French dimension but that doesn't translate into less work!

Have you given any thought as to whether you want to do 8 tutes this year or split it up between 2nd and 4th year?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
does anyone reading this have any experience of courses at the Language Centre? I'm considering taking up French after going to France in the holiday and despairing at how much I've managed to forget in the year since I studied it at A Level, however I'm a bit worried it's going to be an incredibly large amount of work and that I'll get ridiculously stressed about it :/ On the other hand, as a historian with no real exams next year, I kind of think I should make the most of it and do something useful...I probably won't have the time/opportunity to improve my French again for a long time.
i'm gonna do it, i've heard it's manageable in terms of workload
coming up to oxford tomorrow (well, today), still haven't packed, waaah
what's the point of having a college marriage without kids?
Reply 8878
I woke up in the night because my new room was too warm. New radiator, I think we are going to be friends. :awesome:

And one of the showers downstairs genuinely goes from 'hot' to 'argh argh I'm burning'. :p:
Reply 8879
I'm back in Oxford tomorrow, and there's so much to do: look into signing up to a course in the Language Centre, apply for internships and try and organise a the hire of a portable miniature railway (that's a shameless plug for the 2013 Exeter College Ball).

Latest

Trending

Trending