The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
OK... I'm actually going to make it to this (9am) lecture... something is clearly wrong with me :s-smilie:
Any non-Finalists fancy being in Woosta's production of the black comedy operetta 'The Threepenny Opera' by Bertolt Brecht and Kurt Weill, by any chance? Performances in the evenings of Mon and Tues of 8th week, twice-weekly rehearsals (increasing nearer the time). Tiz more a musical than an opera (tiz where the song 'Mack the Knife' comes from!), should be good fun.

Auditions on Saturday, PM for details if anyone is interested!

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

:getmecoat:
Reply 922
Every day is a soup day.
Reply 923
Despite the evilness of two hours in the ICL, it was at least reassuring to see some faces clearly confused by very simple concepts :yep:
cpchem
Despite the evilness of two hours in the ICL, it was at least reassuring to see some faces clearly confused by very simple concepts :yep:

Could have been worse and been 2 hours in the DP. So uncomfortable.
Turdburger
Could have been worse and been 2 hours in the DP. So uncomfortable.

Seconded....but still came close to falling asleep in #2. Woops.
Reply 926
I can't wait until the day comes when I never need set foot in the DP again...
What's the DP? :ninja:
Reply 928
The Dyson Perrins lecture theatre - hell itself. It's the least comfortable lecture theatre in existence.
I have BUPA authorisation :woo:
Now I just need to work out how much of a problem missing 5 days is...time to send apologetic emails methinks!
Reply 930
tarnishedpenny
I have BUPA authorisation :woo:
Now I just need to work out how much of a problem missing 5 days is...time to send apologetic emails methinks!

That's great... do you know when you're going to have to vanish?
cpchem
That's great... do you know when you're going to have to vanish?

Tuesday...so kind of soon! And I'm going home this weekend. Oops. So apparently me making a revision timetable starting next week was tempting fate in a good way!
Grrr. Writing my first essay of the term, trying to get it done between 4-4.15pm. I'm so bored.

I'm actually awful at writing essays. I write very good essays most of the time but I get really bored very quickly and can't concentrate :s-smilie:
Yey! Had a US Politics tute, and not only was the tutor really entertaining, the tute partner (CCC PPE) was surprisingly un-arrogant. And it seems that maybe our JCR President doesn't hate me entirely, which means our tutes won't be so terribly awkward. I don't want to speak too soon, but this term might not be terrible!

So is anyone going out for Mayday?
Reply 934
Mrs Carrothead

Yup. From the inside!!!
Reply 935
Mrs Carrothead
Yey! Had a US Politics tute, and not only was the tutor really entertaining, the tute partner (CCC PPE) was surprisingly un-arrogant. And it seems that maybe our JCR President doesn't hate me entirely, which means our tutes won't be so terribly awkward. I don't want to speak too soon, but this term might not be terrible!

I've never had a tute partner from outside my college (classes don't count) :frown:

I'm having a film night and takeaway, but am claiming finals for lack of proper Maydayism. I might do it properly again when I'm at Brookes next year.
Reply 936
Teebs
but am claiming finals for lack of proper Maydayism.

Oh, they start tomorrow morning? Early this year... :p:
No one appears to be going out. It's all very sad. :frown: Am beginning to get scared that I have a stomach ulcer. And yet, I have no desire to discovered whether I do or not :biggrin:. Living in denial is great.
Reply 938
Mrs Carrothead
Am beginning to get scared that I have a stomach ulcer. And yet, I have no desire to discovered whether I do or not :biggrin:.

You should volunteer for medical OSCEs. They love a ?ulcer in the history station... Alcohol drinking, very stressed, smoker who uses paracetamol too often?
Reply 939
Aren't ulcers caused by helicobacter?

Latest

Trending

Trending