The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

cpchem
I might move into the RSL from next week...

:console:

I was intending to consider living in the Bod next year (as much as I don't like the place) but rumour is that they're closing the Music section for refurbishment and it'll take us 4 days to access any books there! :eek:

Hopefully it's not true :ninja:
Reply 961
The_Lonely_Goatherd
:console:

I was intending to consider living in the Bod next year (as much as I don't like the place) but rumour is that they're closing the Music section for refurbishment and it'll take us 4 days to access any books there! :eek:

Hopefully it's not true :ninja:

Most of the New Bod collections are being moved to the RSL while they refurbish the building, afaik.
cpchem
Most of the New Bod collections are being moved to the RSL while they refurbish the building, afaik.

So I'll have to live in the RSL?! :eek:

:cry:
Reply 963
The_Lonely_Goatherd
So I'll have to live in the RSL?! :eek:

:cry:

Some parts of the RSL (i.e. the bits above ground :tongue:) are actually very nice... and those are almost certainly the parts we're handing over for the duration of the refurb.
cpchem
Some parts of the RSL (i.e. the bits above ground :tongue:) are actually very nice... and those are almost certainly the parts we're handing over for the duration of the refurb.

Part of it's underground!?!?!? :eek:

Does it have a café? :ninja:
Reply 965
This will be my 5th mayday since coming to Oxford and the 5th I'm missing, I'll be in Stratford-upon-avon. Maybe next year :smile:
Reply 966
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Part of it's underground!?!?!? :eek:

Does it have a café? :ninja:

A very large proportion of it is underneath the lawn in front of the Natural History Museum - that's where all of the textbooks and reference books are stashed. The Jackson wing is the nice end, where most of the journals are kept. I think this is the bit they're emptying out for non-sciency stuff. It looks over South Parks Road, Rhodes House etc.
Reply 967
http://www.ouls.ox.ac.uk/rsl/news/2009apr16_01

The 'café' consists of a few vending machines and chairs.
My mum (she works for the Primary Care Trust) just told me that if WHO raises the pandemic level to 6 (it's 5 atm), they'll have to shut the university down. Anybody know if this is true? Apparently the University's pandemic committee is meeting tomorrow :tongue:.
Reply 969
Mrs Carrothead
My mum (she works for the Primary Care Trust) just told me that if WHO raises the pandemic level to 6 (it's 5 atm), they'll have to shut the university down. Anybody know if this is true? Apparently the University's pandemic committee is meeting tomorrow :tongue:.

Woo! No finals!
cpchem
Woo! No finals!

She also said that they'd be forced to send us all home! Just the thing you want when you think people may be infected with the virus... send them across the world!
what the ****? if this happens then i will make this face: >:frown:

i don't know if i can be bothered to stay up for may day. i finally got up the courage to read the comments on my fairly disastrous old english collection. "... this is particularly a problem because of the lack of interesting argument..."
I went to the one in first year so cant really be arsed to go again. It was such a disappointment then
yeah, it sounds like the kind of thing that everyone claims will be fun but will actually be ****. people are talking really loudly in my corridor though and i'm working at the moment so i might just stay up anyway.
Mrs Carrothead

The Dean wants to see all the peer supporters in college tomorrow for a "briefing session" on the flu! Who's going to wait for a twice-weekly drop-in session with medically untrained students to go "I have a problem, I think I have swine flu"? Unless he's going to let us in on top-secret contingency plans and assumes we're well connected throughout the student population and can help implement them... I think the JCR committee might have been a better bet in that case though!
Well despite being thoroughly disappointed by May Day last year, my mate and I managed to inadvertently stay up the whole night chatting, so think we may as well go to Magdalen Bridge and then head off to Combibos! :yeah:
dinkymints
The Dean wants to see all the peer supporters in college tomorrow for a "briefing session" on the flu! Who's going to wait for a twice-weekly drop-in session with medically untrained students to go "I have a problem, I think I have swine flu"? Unless he's going to let us in on top-secret contingency plans and assumes we're well connected throughout the student population and can help implement them... I think the JCR committee might have been a better bet in that case though!

I only figured out who the Dean was on Weds afternoon, when I was stalking the Prov :yep:
I have to say, guys: considering this thread only recently came into existence, we've done an impressive amount of procrastinating! :yeah:
Reply 978
oh, may day is today, I was thinking it was Monday for some reason. Then I'm not in Stratford-upon-avon at all, I'm just an idiot :smile:
Woop, smoked salmon bagels, crumpets, fruit and TEA make getting up at 5.45 that little bit easier.

Latest

Trending

Trending