The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Aaaaaaaaargh!

The Sri Lankan cricket team are coming to the Oxford Union. On the one hand, this is quite cool :cool: On the other, this means my dad will randomly invite himself along and be embarrassing, like when the President came this time last year :getmecoat:
cpchem
Literally all of the idiots are out today... Cornmarket is an absolute ******* nightmare.

Which kind of idiots? Opinionated ones?
Reply 1002
2 5 +
Which kind of idiots? Opinionated ones?

The kind of idiots who take three steps forward every hour, stop in doorways, don't thank you when you hold doors open etc, not to mention the incredibly rude service in WHSmith. Grr....
Try living just off Cornmarket :p:
Reply 1004
Turdburger
Try living just off Cornmarket :p:

I find the noise of the cricket outside irritating enough...
Reply 1005
Anyone noticed that the university homepage now has a pandemic tab on it?
Reply 1006
:yep: - it has had for days.
Reply 1007
ixivxivi
Oh good, I shall attempt to stalk you. I know that you're an english student and male and a first year. I may not be successful...

Well, I didn't notice anyone stalking me. That either means you did well or badly.
Reply 1008
MSB
Well, I didn't notice anyone stalking me. That either means you did well or badly.

She was probably preparing her basement for your arrival and then forgot the time.
Reply 1009
Teebs
She was probably preparing her basement for your arrival and then forgot the time.

Disappointing, to say the least.
Reply 1010
I think I can hear Wadstock from my room. Poor Wadhamites.
Reply 1011
Teebs
I think I can hear Wadstock from my room. Poor Wadhamites.

I can (or rather could, until I turned my music up) from here, so it's not beyond the realms of impossibility.
Reply 1012
cpchem
I can (or rather could, until I turned my music up) from here, so it's not beyond the realms of impossibility.

I do live a little further from Wadham than you people in the Jowett Walk TSR cluster.
Reply 1013
Teebs
I do live a little further from Wadham than you people in the Jowett Walk TSR cluster.

Yeah, but it's relatively open ground between here and Magdalen, so there's not much to stop the noise travelling that bit further.

Hmm... I think there are four TSR users at Jowett, although only two of us actually frequent this forum...
Reply 1014
cpchem
Yeah, but it's relatively open ground between here and Magdalen, so there's not much to stop the noise travelling that bit further.

Hmm... I think there are four TSR users at Jowett, although only two of us actually frequent this forum...

You and our absent moderator, may her name be revered.:yep:
Reply 1015
TLG - your clavinova-thing. What type have you got? It's just that next year I'll have room and time to play, so I'm thinking of getting one. Any suggestions?
cpchem
TLG - your clavinova-thing. What type have you got? It's just that next year I'll have room and time to play, so I'm thinking of getting one. Any suggestions?

I have a 7 octave Yamaha one (says Yamaha YDP-121) provided by Woosta: http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Images/KeyboardsDMI/Product/Thumb/ydp121.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/List/ModelSeriesList/0,,CTID%2525253D205700%25252526CNTYP%2525253DPRODUCT%25252526LGFL%2525253DY,00.html&usg=__DX7Yw7ZtGdNYB_EYOjhisSxpp0Y=&h=55&w=72&sz=2&hl=en&start=7&um=1&tbnid=s3N2GcsNPR0yeM:&tbnh=53&tbnw=69&prev=/images%3Fq%3DYamaha%2BClavinova%2BYDP-121%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:redface:fficial%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Tiz quite nice, can do dynamics on it, responds to different touches, etc, and you can get headphones for it. Not too heavy either :nah:
Reply 1017
Who was the chap someone posted a video of in here before? He was talking about how he saved someone's life in a hospital, or something like that.
MSB
Who was the chap someone posted a video of in here before? He was talking about how he saved someone's life in a hospital, or something like that.

A JYA at my college.

Apparently, rumour has it that he went to The Bridge in black tie :eek:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
A JYA at my college.

Apparently, rumour has it that he went to The Bridge in black tie :eek:

Well if it was on Thursday that was the dress code for their May Day "ball"... I am more shocked that he went to The Bridge at all!

Latest

Trending

Trending