Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Post Here if You're Procrastinating - The Oxford Chat Thread Mk2

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 97 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaaaaaargh!

The Sri Lankan cricket team are coming to the Oxford Union. On the one hand, this is quite cool :cool: On the other, this means my dad will randomly invite himself along and be embarrassing, like when the President came this time last year :getmecoat:
    • 2 followers

(Original post by cpchem)
    Literally all of the idiots are out today... Cornmarket is an absolute ******* nightmare.
    Which kind of idiots? Opinionated ones?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Which kind of idiots? Opinionated ones?
    The kind of idiots who take three steps forward every hour, stop in doorways, don't thank you when you hold doors open etc, not to mention the incredibly rude service in WHSmith. Grr....
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Try living just off Cornmarket :p:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    Try living just off Cornmarket :p:
    I find the noise of the cricket outside irritating enough...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone noticed that the university homepage now has a pandemic tab on it?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    :yep: - it has had for days.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ixivxivi)
    Oh good, I shall attempt to stalk you. I know that you're an english student and male and a first year. I may not be successful...
    Well, I didn't notice anyone stalking me. That either means you did well or badly.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Well, I didn't notice anyone stalking me. That either means you did well or badly.
    She was probably preparing her basement for your arrival and then forgot the time.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    She was probably preparing her basement for your arrival and then forgot the time.
    Disappointing, to say the least.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I can hear Wadstock from my room. Poor Wadhamites.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    I think I can hear Wadstock from my room. Poor Wadhamites.
    I can (or rather could, until I turned my music up) from here, so it's not beyond the realms of impossibility.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can (or rather could, until I turned my music up) from here, so it's not beyond the realms of impossibility.
    I do live a little further from Wadham than you people in the Jowett Walk TSR cluster.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    I do live a little further from Wadham than you people in the Jowett Walk TSR cluster.
    Yeah, but it's relatively open ground between here and Magdalen, so there's not much to stop the noise travelling that bit further.

Hmm... I think there are four TSR users at Jowett, although only two of us actually frequent this forum...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but it's relatively open ground between here and Magdalen, so there's not much to stop the noise travelling that bit further.

Hmm... I think there are four TSR users at Jowett, although only two of us actually frequent this forum...
    You and our absent moderator, may her name be revered.:yep:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    TLG - your clavinova-thing. What type have you got? It's just that next year I'll have room and time to play, so I'm thinking of getting one. Any suggestions?
    • 97 followers

ReputationRep:
    TLG - your clavinova-thing. What type have you got? It's just that next year I'll have room and time to play, so I'm thinking of getting one. Any suggestions?
    I have a 7 octave Yamaha one (says Yamaha YDP-121) provided by Woosta: http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...a%3DN%26um%3D1

Tiz quite nice, can do dynamics on it, responds to different touches, etc, and you can get headphones for it. Not too heavy either :nah:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who was the chap someone posted a video of in here before? He was talking about how he saved someone's life in a hospital, or something like that.
    • 97 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Who was the chap someone posted a video of in here before? He was talking about how he saved someone's life in a hospital, or something like that.
    A JYA at my college.

Apparently, rumour has it that he went to The Bridge in black tie :eek:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    A JYA at my college.

Apparently, rumour has it that he went to The Bridge in black tie :eek:
    Well if it was on Thursday that was the dress code for their May Day "ball"... I am more shocked that he went to The Bridge at all!
Updated: April 29, 2013
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.