The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't suppose anyone here knows the official, Oxford way of referencing/citing a TV programme? I asked my dissertation supervisor and he got into a flap, coz he doesn't know :smile:
Reply 1041
The_Lonely_Goatherd
I don't suppose anyone here knows the official, Oxford way of referencing/citing a TV programme? I asked my dissertation supervisor and he got into a flap, coz he doesn't know :smile:

"I woz like, watching Pop Idol (Sky, 2005 innit) and it was sooo cool."
Reply 1042
They made a documentary about organic chemistry at Oxford once. It was strange. tarnishedpenny ought to see it, one of her tutors was in it...
Teebs
"I woz like, watching Pop Idol (Sky, 2005 innit) and it was sooo cool."

:rofl:

:ninja:

cpchem
They made a documentary about organic chemistry at Oxford once. It was strange. tarnishedpenny ought to see it, one of her tutors was in it...

Apparently my tutor kept popping up on the BBC'S Proms coverage during the summer, but I never noticed!

Another tutor has got a whole episode of some series coming up on Channel 4 :ninja:
Teebs
Why are you having so much fun when I'm having to revise for finals?
If it helps, I've just realised that I've got something on that might stop me from spending tomorrow afternoon racing punts and drinking pimms. :tear:
:p:

The_Lonely_Goatherd
Kayak stuck-in-the-mud? :lolwut:

Sounds like a lot of fun :yep:

Having smelly shoes is a very good reason to go shoe shopping... :ninja:

I'm trying to convince my orchestra that they want to dress up as Disney characters in our concert. Doesn't seem to be working so far :no:

[WHISPERS]I don't actually really like shopping, unless it's something visually exciting, yet easy to try on, like dresses or jewellery. I'm not a very real girl

And that sounds utterly wonderful. You'll have to persuade them harder :biggrin:
my tutor taught stewart lee! which isn't quite the same thing but i think it's well cool.

i wish i knew how to cite tv etc, i cited harold and maude completely wrongly recently. gutted.

i resent beowulf so much for having made me miss sunday roast. **** you, beowulf *shakes fist*
MSB
Well, I didn't notice anyone stalking me. That either means you did well or badly.

I did have so very little to go on, and then I had this terrifying idea that I might already know you, and then I just uh forgot.
tigrrmilk
my tutor taught stewart lee! which isn't quite the same thing but i think it's well cool.

!

Also, I just stalked at your last fm - I'm going to the Patrick Wolf concert as well :biggrin:. Quite excited, spent a lot of youtube hours listening to live stuff of his this time last year, although not that sure I like his new stuff/look.
cpchem

Consider it watched in Freshers' Week in 1st year! Once seen never forgotten....:p:

ixivxivi
[WHISPERS]I don't actually really like shopping, unless it's something visually exciting, yet easy to try on, like dresses or jewellery. I'm not a very real girl

I think I'm with you on this one.....dresses are fun and jewellery sparkles. I have been called a fake girl on several occasions as well...... :getmecoat:
Oh I don't like shopping either. Particularly shoe shopping. Though Primark shopping = :teeth: I just assume that everyone else likes shopping much more than me! :yep:

Urgh. Tiz stupid o'clock and I think I have to spend the morning in the Bod. Again. Gah! :s-smilie:
ixivxivi

And that sounds utterly wonderful. You'll have to persuade them harder :biggrin:

So far, the people up for it are outnumbering the people against it, but it's early days.

I was originally gonna be Pocahontas, but my hair's too short for that now :sadnod:

That said, I've got used to the hair and now like it :smile:
tarnishedpenny

I think I'm with you on this one.....dresses are fun and jewellery sparkles. I have been called a fake girl on several occasions as well...... :getmecoat:

The_Lonely_Goatherd

Oh I don't like shopping either. Particularly shoe shopping. Though Primark shopping = :teeth: I just assume that everyone else likes shopping much more than me! :yep:

I think we've just confirmed the theory that there aren't actually any girls on the internet :ninja:
ixivxivi
I think we've just confirmed the theory that there aren't actually any girls on the internet :ninja:

:ninja:
'Fraid there's nothing I can do to help disprove that theory. I have done some impressive spending sprees recently but they were... oh wait... a dress and some jewellery :p:

The_Lonely_Goatherd

Apparently my tutor kept popping up on the BBC'S Proms coverage during the summer, but I never noticed!

Another tutor has got a whole episode of some series coming up on Channel 4

Suzanne @ Jesus just had a big bit about the Messiah on the BBC...
Bekaboo

Suzanne @ Jesus just had a big bit about the Messiah on the BBC...

Yeah, my mum was watching that! :p:

She's doing a talk at the Proms this year too :yep:
Reply 1056
i have to choose a thesis.

HOW?
Mayfly
i have to choose a thesis.

HOW?

It's hard, isn't it? Took me a while to settle on my ABBA dissertation topic!

Are there any particular bits of history you enjoy the most, or a topic that you covered on your course, but didn't have enough time to look into in depth? :dontknow:
Reply 1058
ixivxivi

What about me?!

Erm... :ninja:
Reply 1059
So, has everyone had a fun bank holiday?

I genuinely enjoyed today's lecture. That makes me feel a little bit dirty...

Latest

Trending

Trending