The Student Room Group

Ucas application omission.

I applied for uni a few weeks ago, though it was a late entry, I was hoping to get a reply soon as I only chose courses that I already had the grades/ucas points for. Having had no reply I started thinking that maybe I did something wrong, that's when I realised that I had left out a peice of information that I fear (though very minor IMO) may effect my chances.

Some background. After completing my GCSEs (8 * B/C grades) in 98, I had a bad patch where I dropped out of college after a few months due to personal issues. I then went back to my old school's sixth form the following academic year, however this also did not go so well and I ended up dropping out of sixth form in early 2000. In the end, my family moved abroad and I was able to complete my A-levels and got a B and a C. I did some work and some professional qualifications after this and moved back to the UK.

In my application, when entering my education/qualifications, I left out the few months I had spent in a college straight after my GCSEs. Instead, I joined my time in secondary school and sixth form as a single period finishing in 2000 and put down the GCSE qualifcations as the only achievements in that entire period. When putting the dates down, I got the information from a transcript/reference from my secondary school, which had also joined both the periods as one, hence why I forgot/didn't think about mentioning the period away at college or in between doing my GCSEs and joining sixth form.

My grades and qualifications are all correct, do people think I made a mistake not mentioning the few months at my first college or will it be ok?
A bit confused, but I think I get it. If you didn't get any qualifications from the college and you dropped out yourself (rather than being expelled or whatever), you should be fine.
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply oo_Lucinda_oo. Yes it probably is a bit confusing, that's one of the reasons why I tend to leave it out, and yes, I wasn't expelled or anything like that.
Reply 3
Don't worry about not having gotten any replies yet, I applied late to three of my five choices, one got back to me on Friday, one today, and I haven't heard anything from the third yet, not even an acknowledgement. The one I heard from today said they wouldn't make a decision for me until the end of May, so you might have to wait that long as well. =)
Reply 4
Thanks for the reply Sabinnie, you're probably right but I'm a little impatient so I'll probably call the universities later this week and see if they can give me any further information about my application :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending