The Student Room Group

Mewtwo vs. Charizard

Poll

Who would win in a fight?

As unbelievable as it may seem, I'm completely serious about this. Me and my mate are having a rather heated discussion (no possible pun intended there) about who would win if Charizard and Mewtwo ended up in a fight. I'm of the persuasion that Mewtwo is second only to Mew and could beat Charizard by a whisker or two. He thinks Charizard would take the win (probably going by the cards which I say 'to hell with', we're talking powers here, not crappy attacks on the cards).

So, who would be the victor? Your reasons would be nice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mewtwo
Mewtwo...come on, no your stuff mate.
Mewtwo, easily.
Mewtwo! Without a doubt... (especially if you go by the old Pokemon games, it was awesome!)
Spongebob*No*Pants
Mewtwo...come on, no your stuff mate.

This is more to prove my mate wrong. I know Mewtwo would kick Charizard's ass. It's common knowledge to those in the 'know', but to Pokemon amateurs it is unfortunately not as well known.
Chairzard lacks discipline tbh
But Mewtwo is annoying

Mewtwo edges it though
Reply 7
Which generation? Not that it matters — Mewtwo has always been much stronger than Charizard but RBY Mewtwo was absurdly powerful.
Reply 8
Definitely Mewtwo. Amazingly exceptional powers that can knock Charizard down :wink2:

The good ol' Pokemon days haha. This thread cracked me up :giggle:
Charizard pwns all.
Reply 10
By the cards - Charizard
By the show - Mewtwo
:yep:
Edit: Funny how I'm playing platinum right now lol
Is this a joke?
Mewtwo wouldn't even notice Charizard.
I assume you're taking the Pokemon movie as a canon source, in the film Mewtwo totally dominated pretty much every single Pokémon that was put in front of him.
Tell your friend to be serious.
Reply 12
mewtwo obv
Reply 13
Charizard would kick his (or her) asssss
Reply 14
kiss_me_now9
Charizard pwns all.

Charizard isn't even OU. :rolleyes:
the thought of going one on one with Charizard is enough to make any pokemon want to run and hide away in a pokeball. that said Mewtwo is one tough son-of-a-mew (clone actually*). its gotta be mewtwo. he was just plain badass!
Reply 16
not only would Mewtwo destroy Charizard, he would fcuking merk Mew aswell. view the following links for statistical data. the stats are about 4 boxes down. mewtwo averages at an immense 680, charizard at an above average 534

http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/mewtwo/ - MEWTWO

http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/charizard - CHARIZARD

ps. anyone wanna be a game pal so we can play diamond/pearl online?
Apologies for the mega-nerdness coming your way...

Charizard is a starter pokemon (one of the 3 you choose from at the beginning of the game. As such it generally has higher stat total than a lot of other wld pokemon. Its stat average is 534 (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29).

Mewtwo is a "legendary" and so it's guaranteed to be quite a bit stronger than the rest, especially in the original games. It has a stat total of 680, so is much more powerful.

Having said that, Mewtwo is by no means the most powerful pokemon - simply one of the elite group with similar stat totals - this includes the legendaries from Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Even then, there's the current true "God" pokemon called Arceus, which is stronger than them all, appears in the DS games and has a stat total of a whopping 720.
Reply 18
bean87
mewtwo averages at an immense 680, charizard at an above average 534

Those aren't stat averages; they're base stat totals.
**** Charizard, **** Mewtwo, bring out BULBASAUR.

Latest